Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An idea for Jointed Rail's next route:

I personally think that HP Trainz has Marias Pass covered, and even as it is now it looks very nice IMO.

On the other hand, I am totally down for the idea of the corridor between LA and SD, something like that in Trainz, I agree would generate some pretty serious revenue.
    -Riley

Just as a side note, with the current speed limits on the Marias Pass, it takes around 2-3 hours nonstop from Shelby to Whitefish.

My opinions are my own, so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    Just as a side note, with the current speed limits on the Marias Pass, it takes around 2-3 hours nonstop from Shelby to Whitefish.
    Thanks for the info! I didn't think it would take as long someone previously said. But of course that is non-stop.

TrainzPlayer14 - I agree and disagree that HP Trainz has the route covered. They did a great job on it, but that was over 10 years ago! They have just converted the route up to newer versions of Trainz and they did add some more detail, changed the ground textures, trees, probably not the buildings because they are unique to the route, roads, signals, railroad crossings, etc. However, the route STILL has only been based in 1970s. It is not based any later on because the route only has SD40-2s on it along with the GP38-2s. The route is definitely based in the 70s and not the 90s or 2000s because there are no "modern" diesels on the route like the Dash-8 or 9, ES44, etc. Even MSTS's rendition of the route is more modern than theirs.
    On vacation till Nov. 24 but still Trainzing!

Perhaps you can modify it to such standards for your own use. You can always go change a few assets and place down modern engines, then you have a modern era Marias Pass route.
    Last edited by TrainzPlayer14; October 21st, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
    -Riley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS View Post
    However, the route STILL has only been based in 1970s. It is not based any later on because the route only has SD40-2s on it along with the GP38-2s. The route is definitely based in the 70s and not the 90s or 2000s because there are no "modern" diesels on the route like the Dash-8 or 9, ES44, etc. Even MSTS's rendition of the route is more modern than theirs.
    This is effectively just you wanting a specific route with specific content...

Considering that it came out with Phase IV Superliners on it, you might wanna check the era there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by H222 View Post
    This is effectively just you wanting a specific route with specific content...

Considering that it came out with Phase IV Superliners on it, you might wanna check the era there buddy.
    It is probably supposed to be more modern then. However, HP Trainz has only ever provided us with those 3 SD40-2s and the 3 GP38-2s and nothing else. So did they just not want to provide us with more modern diesels for the route or what? If it is based in the 80s or 90s, why has HP Trainz only made SD40-2s and is using only using them for all of its motive power? There were more locomotives around in the 80s and 90s if the route is based later on. The other thing could be they just want you to find other locos to go with the route from other websites and don't really care about making anymore for the route.
    Last edited by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS; October 22nd, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

It is probably supposed to be more modern then. However, HP Trainz has only ever provided us with those 3 SD40-2s and the 3 GP38-2s and nothing else. So did they just not want to provide us with more modern diesels for the route or what? If it is based in the 80s or 90s, why is HP Trainz only using SD40-2s for all of its motive power?
    They may have just not had the resources or time to make all those extra assets/engines. As Jamie pointed out the route is definitely in a more modern era because of the of the PHIV Superliners, and also, it has BNSF content, and BNSF didn't come around until the mid '90s, so the route definitely couldn't have been set in the '70s or '80s.

If you really want more modern BNSF equipment, JR has many options, freeware and payware, so does places like SRS Trainz which have some awesome freeware and payware content as well.
    Last edited by TrainzPlayer14; October 22nd, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
    -Riley

It must be based in the 90s then. However, they apparently don't have time to make more locomotives after over 5 YEARS after Marias Pass Route X and X45 came out.

Eh....imho, there isn't much point for them to make more engines when any more locomotives you'd want already exist for Trainz. And they're very good quality.
    Last edited by TrainzPlayer14; October 22nd, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    -Riley

Blog Entries

It must be based in the 90s then. However, they apparently don't have time to make more locomotives after over 5 YEARS after Marias Pass Route X and X45 came out.
    You, uh, you don’t know how much effort goes into making a loco do you?

Just because it ‘came with’ SD40s does not mean that’s all you can run on it...

Im starting to think you’re just a gimme pig now..

What about a route for trs 2012 users
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrainzPlayer14 View Post
    Eh....imho, there isn't much point for them to make more engines when any more locomotives you'd want already exist for Trainz. And they're very good quality.
    Au contraire Riley. There still isn't a decent AC4400cw out there. Keepin' the fingers crossed maybe JR has one in the top secret skunk works getting ready for release.

Quote Originally Posted by H222 View Post
    You, uh, you don’t know how much effort goes into making a loco do you?

Just because it ‘came with’ SD40s does not mean that’s all you can run on it...

Im starting to think you’re just a gimme pig now..
    I can tell you right now I am NOT a gimme guy. Again, it is just a suggestion for their next route and I honestly think it would be a great one to do. HP Trainz's honestly isn't bad but they really didn't change too much from the TRS2004 version of it. Really the track itself and the layout of the track was the only thing that was changed. The trees are still really low poly 2d models. Other content on the route is old and low poly too.
    Last edited by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS; October 22nd, 2017 at 09:12 PM.

Again, it is just a suggestion for their next route and I honestly think it would be a great one to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22alpha View Post
    I think HP Trainz has the handle on Marias Pass. I wouldn't be surprised if you see another incarnation of it in another version. Right now we're working on several routes, all of which will include full RR packs.
    It sounds like JR is busy with other things to be honest.

Nothing wrong with suggesting it, but I don't think it's on their priority list at the moment.
    -Riley

Yeah Marias Pass certainly is not on our Radar. HP Trainz did it and they did a great job with it. They are still active so as I said I wouldn't be shocked to see them do another version of it at some point. It's a great route and you can run whatever you want on it really. Right now we have several routes getting ready to all be complete so this will give us plenty to do through the Holidays. I can assure you that things at JR are actually busier than ever, it's just we can't quite say yet what we're working on. I can tell you y'all will LOVE it, I promise.

@Charlielima:

Mike