.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Legacy of the Burlington Northern v.2 Sessions

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I am thoroughly enjoying these sessions, Don and I very much appreciate all the work you must have put into them. Thank you.

    In many ways, it is more fun to be "surprised" driving other people's sessions than it is to design my own. While I love new routes, I must admit that I enjoy good sessions even more.

    Thank you for making Legacy of the BN that much more fun for me. I would love to see more of your sessions if you have the time to put them together.
    "EM Frimbo,World's Greatest Railroad Buff
    Rogers EM Whitaker Travelled 2,748,673.74 RR miles"
    Memorial Plaque at Cumbres Pass

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frimbo View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying these sessions, Don and I very much appreciate all the work you must have put into them. Thank you.

    In many ways, it is more fun to be "surprised" driving other people's sessions than it is to design my own. While I love new routes, I must admit that I enjoy good sessions even more.

    Thank you for making Legacy of the BN that much more fun for me. I would love to see more of your sessions if you have the time to put them together.
    Well, thank you and you are certainly welcome!

    I go from making sessions to building content. I'm on a binge making more industrial content right now. I uploaded some compressor and stabilizer content last week and am making some storage and shipping assets right now. I'll be hot and heavy with that for a couple more weeks (at least). After I'm done with all that I'll probably be tired making assets and go back to session building. I don't know which route I'll dive into but I haven't done anything at Richmond in the Coal Country route so might see what I can come up with in that area. Oh, LOTBN v.2 needs some more work too so we shall see.

    You probably already have but in case you haven't, search on the DLS for my sessions (and content for that matter) and you'll see what I've come up with so far.

    Thanks again and take care,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 94829 TS2019 97556

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States of America, New Jersey, Old Bridge
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Purchased BN v.2 via JR-s site and I have the following listed as missing:

    <kuid2:506034:100013:2> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2
    <kuid:-3:9910149>
    <kuid:-3:9910209>

    Any ideas? I am guessing that the Legacy of the BN v2 is the route version from the DLS, not JR, so how do I go about fixing that? Also, the other 2 missing items are a complete mystery to me and are from the Coal Country Route, again purchased from the JR site, not the DLS.. Please help! Thanks!
    Last edited by Thomascbc; April 18th, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United States of America, New Jersey, Old Bridge
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomascbc View Post
    Purchased BN v.2 via JR-s site and I have the following listed as missing:

    <kuid2:506034:100013:2> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2
    <kuid:-3:9910149>
    <kuid:-3:9910209>

    Any ideas? I am guessing that the Legacy of the BN v2 is the route version from the DLS, not JR, so how do I go about fixing that? Also, the other 2 missing items are a complete mystery to me and are from the Coal Country Route, again purchased from the JR site, not the DLS.. Please help! Thanks!


    EDIT: Fixed the missing asset error by updating the config files for the sessions to refer to the JR site route version from the DLS version.

  5. #35

    Default

    Hi there,
    In coal delivery session, I am trying to find where is the "famous" Santon power plant. I can neither locate it on the map nor the santon yard. Is it wellington hill coal unloader ?
    Some help is welcome. Thanks.
    Chris

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris2mop View Post
    Hi there,
    In coal delivery session, I am trying to find where is the "famous" Santon power plant. I can neither locate it on the map nor the santon yard. Is it wellington hill coal unloader ?
    Some help is welcome. Thanks.
    Chris
    Ok, Chris, understand that I haven't run the the session yet myself but I did go into the route to look at the power station end of the route.

    I did this by going into the Quick Drive session and then into the map representration of the route (m). If you will do this and go to the far west side of the map (west and south of Wellington Hill) you'll see the loop tracks for the power stations. To bring up the various labels that the map view can show, click on the text to the left of the green dot in the far upper left of the screen (Map Display Options). By clicking/unclicking the various options you can show or hide a whole bunch of the assets in the route. Some of the options will cause more clutter on the map than others. The one I used to find the power station is "Trackside Labels". That option brings up a whole bunch of labels but by close inspection you will find "Wellington Hill Power station coal unloader" on a loop track. Once you find it on the map, center it on the screen and then press "m" again to return to the route. Depending on the view you have set up, the unloader might be hidden behind a building so just swing the view around to bring it into view. You'll then have an idea of how to route your train to the waypoints need in the session.

    Also note that there is another coal unloader in the immediate area called the "BM coal power plant unloader 1" which is on stub end track to the east and slightly north of the WHP unloader.

    Take care and good luck,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 94829 TS2019 97556

  7. #37

    Default

    Hi dan,
    I have already noticed these two unloaders, but i was focused on santon power station, so .....
    btw, you did a very nice job. I' follow you if you create a new route.
    chris

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area
    Posts
    761

    Default



    I have two faulty assets in Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2. This is the errors and warnings.
    Don49plm

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DON49PLM View Post


    I have two faulty assets in Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2. This is the errors and warnings.

    The assets: <kuid:321936:100722> RR Crossing 12x20 ST LA
    <kuid:321936:101444> RR Crossing 12x20M ST

    And they are shown as payware in my CM. You will have to conact JointedRail to get them fixed.

    Take care,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 94829 TS2019 97556

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •