Legacy of the Burlington Northern v.2 Sessions

Piere, Look at the opening T:ANE screen (before you open or run anything) and note the Build number in the lower left of the panel. Then go here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?129006-Unofficial-T-ANE-PC-Version-Patch-Flowchart

and scroll down to find your Build number. You'll know if you have the Standard version with a TNPS version number or the Deluxe version if it's a TNPD version number.

Shane Turner does a great job of explaining the post and how to patch the game also.

If you do have the Deluxe version you'll have to submit a ticket to the Help Desk to have them change it (I had to).

Take care,

G'day Don,

Thanks for that info.

It seems I have build# 88460, but that doesn't show up on the chart. I guess there may have been some recent updates (via Steam).

Cheers,
Piere.

Don,

Thank you so much for these sessions...The legacy of the BN 2 is an amazing route and can never have to many sessions.

Got these unknown missing kuids maybe because i've T:ANE Std ?

<kuid2:56063:700014:2>
<kuid2:56063:700016:2>
<kuid2:56063:700034:2>
<kuid2:56063:700035:2>
<kuid2:56063:700038:2>
<kuid2:56063:700039:2>
<kuid2:56063:700040:2>
<kuid2:72730:61018:4>

Regards,
Brad

Last edited:
Don,

Thank you so much for these sessions...The legacy of the BN 2 is an amazing route and can never have to many sessions.

Got these unknown missing kuids maybe because i've T:ANE Std ?

<kuid2:56063:700014:2>
<kuid2:56063:700016:2>
<kuid2:56063:700034:2>
<kuid2:56063:700035:2>
<kuid2:56063:700038:2>
<kuid2:56063:700039:2>
<kuid2:56063:700040:2>
<kuid2:72730:61018:4>

Regards,
Brad

Brad, Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. All these assets are commodities; the top seven are makekers's and the last one is gerd's. They are all listed as "Built-in" which I interrupt as built into T:ANE Deluxe.

Sorry about that. Maybe N3V will have a sale soon and you can upgrade for a small cost.

Take care,

Brad, Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. All these assets are commodities; the top seven are makekers's and the last one is gerd's. They are all listed as "Built-in" which I interrupt as built into T:ANE Deluxe.

Sorry about that. Maybe N3V will have a sale soon and you can upgrade for a small cost.

Take care,

Hi, those assets are not built-in the deluxe edition of TANE, as I have the deluxe edition and they appear also missing. What could be true is that they are built in of another route. Could you see from where they are those assets (list dependants in CM).

Thank you so much

Hi, those assets are not built-in the deluxe edition of TANE, as I have the deluxe edition and they appear also missing. What could be true is that they are built in of another route. Could you see from where they are those assets (list dependants in CM).

Thank you so much

Charlie, All the assets are commodities by majekear and (the last) by gerd. In my CM, they all come up as "Built-in". I checked the dependants and they came up as cars that were either built-in or were on the DLS. What I can figure out is that they are dependencies (among others) for: <kuid2:56063:180745:4> Flatcar50ft Burlington Northern h# and <kuid2:56063:180782:2> Flatcar50ft Burlington Northern s#, both by majekear, which I downloaded from the DLS. These flatcars are used in the third session, Wellington Hills Switching.

Can you look up in your CM and see if you can see those flatcars on the DLS? Be sure you look for the specific version of the flatcars, :4 and :2, as I think the commodities (those specific versions) were revised (or the other way around) for the flatcars.

That's about all I can tell you. Sorry for the problems with the sessions and I wish I could be of more help.

Take care,

Hi, guys. I have download all content for session except one. This is <kuid2:334896:200058:3>. I have installed gondola's packs but it not present in my game. Please help me to locate.

Update, thanks,find it already )

Last edited:
Charlie, All the assets are commodities by majekear and (the last) by gerd. In my CM, they all come up as "Built-in". I checked the dependants and they came up as cars that were either built-in or were on the DLS. What I can figure out is that they are dependencies (among others) for: <kuid2:56063:180745:4> Flatcar50ft Burlington Northern h# and <kuid2:56063:180782:2> Flatcar50ft Burlington Northern s#, both by majekear, which I downloaded from the DLS. These flatcars are used in the third session, Wellington Hills Switching.

Can you look up in your CM and see if you can see those flatcars on the DLS? Be sure you look for the specific version of the flatcars, :4 and :2, as I think the commodities (those specific versions) were revised (or the other way around) for the flatcars.

That's about all I can tell you. Sorry for the problems with the sessions and I wish I could be of more help.

Take care,

I have these same missing assets. I checked to see if I have those two flatcars, and I do. I checked the config file on both, and they do list these unknown and missing assets as commodities. I cannot find where to get them anywhere on the internet.

Could I just edit the config to delete those entries under "allowed products" to clean up the session?

EDIT: So, I did that for those two cars, and then removed those entries from the kuid table of the session, and that seemed to fix it. Showing no missing dependencies now.

Last edited:
I have these same missing assets. I checked to see if I have those two flatcars, and I do. I checked the config file on both, and they do list these unknown and missing assets as commodities. I cannot find where to get them anywhere on the internet.

Could I just edit the config to delete those entries under "allowed products" to clean up the session?

EDIT: So, I did that for those two cars, and then removed those entries from the kuid table of the session, and that seemed to fix it. Showing no missing dependencies now.

Glad you fixed things, Griphos. After numerous filtering of dependencies and dependants, I think I got those commodities when I purchased the Fall Harvest-Harvest route. If a person has that route then I don't think there are any problems with the cars but if they don't, well, then they might have to do what you did.

Again, it's disappointing that a car on the DLS has a "built-in" commodity that is not available to everyone. I try to make sure the sessions I build are accessible to everyone but seem to fail in some way every time. Thankfully, a lot over clever folks out there help to fix things. The problem is that there are a lot of Trainz users that don't have the knowledge or don't want to take the time or whatever to fix the sessions and just give up when things don't work correctly. Can't say that I blame them a bit either.

I've learned to expect the various problems and try to foresee the most obvious ones but am continually surprised by new ones all the time. Will I ever build a sessions which will work the first time for everyone? Nope. Not going to happen with the almost limitless variety Trainz builds, content, computer rigs, etc. When I put out a session, I now know what to expect so I don't get too excited anymore. I just get T:ANE's CM fired up and start working on what's going on.

But most everyone will notice that, as long as the cars are in the route, all the sessions do "work". I.e., the instructions, nav points, etc. are correct and the sessions proceed to the end. I test the sessions after even a minor change of nav points, new tackmarks or cars because an error can creep in that blows up the whole session. I have sheets and sheets of instructions for a session and it still takes numerous modifications to get everything to "work" correctly. And, yes, I can get sick of even the best route after the numerous run throughs of the session. One of the big reasons I limit, to some extent, the length of the sessions is the testing time needed. Anything over an hour and I start losing concentration and start making stupid mistakes (speeding, wrong switch throws, etc.) after the tenth run through. Oh, it's been live and learn.

Take care and have fun with the sessions,

I am thoroughly enjoying these sessions, Don and I very much appreciate all the work you must have put into them. Thank you.

In many ways, it is more fun to be "surprised" driving other people's sessions than it is to design my own. While I love new routes, I must admit that I enjoy good sessions even more.

Thank you for making Legacy of the BN that much more fun for me. I would love to see more of your sessions if you have the time to put them together.

I am thoroughly enjoying these sessions, Don and I very much appreciate all the work you must have put into them. Thank you.

In many ways, it is more fun to be "surprised" driving other people's sessions than it is to design my own. While I love new routes, I must admit that I enjoy good sessions even more.

Thank you for making Legacy of the BN that much more fun for me. I would love to see more of your sessions if you have the time to put them together.

Well, thank you and you are certainly welcome!

I go from making sessions to building content. I'm on a binge making more industrial content right now. I uploaded some compressor and stabilizer content last week and am making some storage and shipping assets right now. I'll be hot and heavy with that for a couple more weeks (at least). After I'm done with all that I'll probably be tired making assets and go back to session building. I don't know which route I'll dive into but I haven't done anything at Richmond in the Coal Country route so might see what I can come up with in that area. Oh, LOTBN v.2 needs some more work too so we shall see.

You probably already have but in case you haven't, search on the DLS for my sessions (and content for that matter) and you'll see what I've come up with so far.

Thanks again and take care,

Purchased BN v.2 via JR-s site and I have the following listed as missing:

<kuid2:506034:100013:2> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2
<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>

Any ideas? I am guessing that the Legacy of the BN v2 is the route version from the DLS, not JR, so how do I go about fixing that? Also, the other 2 missing items are a complete mystery to me and are from the Coal Country Route, again purchased from the JR site, not the DLS.. Please help! Thanks!

Last edited:
Purchased BN v.2 via JR-s site and I have the following listed as missing:

<kuid2:506034:100013:2> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2
<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>

Any ideas? I am guessing that the Legacy of the BN v2 is the route version from the DLS, not JR, so how do I go about fixing that? Also, the other 2 missing items are a complete mystery to me and are from the Coal Country Route, again purchased from the JR site, not the DLS.. Please help! Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed the missing asset error by updating the config files for the sessions to refer to the JR site route version from the DLS version.

Hi there,
In coal delivery session, I am trying to find where is the "famous" Santon power plant. I can neither locate it on the map nor the santon yard. Is it wellington hill coal unloader ?
Some help is welcome. Thanks.
Chris

Hi there,
In coal delivery session, I am trying to find where is the "famous" Santon power plant. I can neither locate it on the map nor the santon yard. Is it wellington hill coal unloader ?
Some help is welcome. Thanks.
Chris

Ok, Chris, understand that I haven't run the the session yet myself but I did go into the route to look at the power station end of the route.

I did this by going into the Quick Drive session and then into the map representration of the route (m). If you will do this and go to the far west side of the map (west and south of Wellington Hill) you'll see the loop tracks for the power stations. To bring up the various labels that the map view can show, click on the text to the left of the green dot in the far upper left of the screen (Map Display Options). By clicking/unclicking the various options you can show or hide a whole bunch of the assets in the route. Some of the options will cause more clutter on the map than others. The one I used to find the power station is "Trackside Labels". That option brings up a whole bunch of labels but by close inspection you will find "Wellington Hill Power station coal unloader" on a loop track. Once you find it on the map, center it on the screen and then press "m" again to return to the route. Depending on the view you have set up, the unloader might be hidden behind a building so just swing the view around to bring it into view. You'll then have an idea of how to route your train to the waypoints need in the session.

Also note that there is another coal unloader in the immediate area called the "BM coal power plant unloader 1" which is on stub end track to the east and slightly north of the WHP unloader.

Take care and good luck,

Hi dan,
I have already noticed these two unloaders, but i was focused on santon power station, so .....
btw, you did a very nice job. I' follow you if you create a new route.
chris

Image1.jpg

I have two faulty assets in Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2. This is the errors and warnings.

Image1.jpg

I have two faulty assets in Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2. This is the errors and warnings.

The assets: <kuid:321936:100722> RR Crossing 12x20 ST LA
<kuid:321936:101444> RR Crossing 12x20M ST

And they are shown as payware in my CM. You will have to conact JointedRail to get them fixed.

Take care,

Back