The "Slightly" Modified Santa Fe Needles Sub Layout.................

Is this a stand alone route or a session like you did for Brazemore ?

The original route is freeware from JointedRail: http://jointedrail.com/product/santa-fe-needles-sub-model-rr/ by Approach Medium.....And from what I understand it will work only in Tane but a TMR17 version will follow shortly.
When I modified this layout it looks like it is actually saved as a new layout vs. as a session like the Brazemore layouts. I believe the reason is because Brazemore is considered "payware" while this layout isn't.

My modified version of the Santa Fe Needles Sub shows up in Tane as being a separate layout vs. showing up in the sessions section. I would need to get permission from Approach Medium to release my version. I guess if there is enough demand for it I would ask for it.

Last edited:
And finally a little tour around the modified Santa Fe Needles Sub layout with a quad set of UP SD40-2s pulling a TOFC spine car train.....you will see the additions I made including the auto loading/unloading depot, intermodal yards, animated construction scene, and other additions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUM5pu0k7Yw

Enjoy !!!

Some minor detail updates: I decided to replace some of the tractor trailers and add some to the layout:

Above: Original

Above: Replacement

Above: Original

Above: Replacement

Some new additions:

Above: Added a FedEx single trailer

Above: Added this cab and flatbed. The FL Columbia cab actually has poseable wheels that can turn.

Above: Added a poseable Schneider cab pulling a container

:wave: Just dropping in for minute, your latest additions are spot on..........:cool: Amazing what a little change here or there does to add even more interest.

So the intermodal safety paths were from btvfd, I also came across these items from him as well:

Above: Some modern gondolas for the scrap yard.....

What really caught my eye were these very detailed military support vehicles and flatcars they ride on (4 and 6 axle). Take a look a these:

Above: A camo cat

Above: With matching scraper

Above: One of my favorites is the heavy duty crane...

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that was an SW10. I just got the same one yesterday. I actually knew about it before your video and was happy to see you were using it too! I was just too lazy and occupied to get it until yesterday.

Hi,

I'm new to Trainz TANE and enjoying it.

Main question for now is , how did you swap out the tracks from original ones? Is there a "bulk" way to do this?

Also, I got a lot of errors when installing the Needles Sub...lots of dependencies missing.

Thanks,
Mike

You would need to contact Jointed Rail regarding the dependencies, that is their version available (My modded version not yet released) but as far as swapping out items in bulk bulk you can definitely do so under Bulk asset update/replace in surveyor.

Back