Vanishing trees in surveyor

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
I am currently working on a custom route which uses JVC, M:UltraTreez, as well as some default Auran trees. My issue is that every once in a while while working on the route, the UltraTreez and some JVC trees will just vanish, but when I save the map, exit trainz and reload the map, they show back up. I am modeling a PNW style route, so, heavy, thick forrests on both sides of the tracks, but I am only making the tree line about 1500 feet wide on both sides of the tracks, so it's not like I'm clogging the entire baseboard with trees and grass. Is there anything that could be causing this to happen? I have found no errors or faults in the route, and if I need to, I can post the dependencies of this route so someone can see if anything I'm using might be causing this. Any help would be great, thank you.

I don't know the answer but have often wondered if it's Trainz way of using/managing video memory. I'm not that keen on auto save and tend to get carried away using Surveyor. Any memory has its limitations and by the time you go back and forth across your creation dozens of time, tried, rotated, aligned, hundreds of splines and assets is the program just displaying what you are currently doing and caching everything else you have done prior to being saved. Just a thought. Peter

@ John, yes its Trainz12 , same build you are running. Any idea as to what can cause this?

@ Wilts, I don't know, it might be, I know its not my desktop though, It's the best of the best custom PC's you can build and I can place just about 5000 freight cars on some baseboards and my FPS wont even get below 70 at the highest LOD you can set the game at as far as everything and I have 26 gigs of DDR4 ram so I know its not my PC. Would like to know though what the issue in TRS12 is that causes this if anyone knows what the issue might be.

Josh,

I don't have any idea. It may be an issue with the Speed Tree libraries themselves. There have been issues off and on with them in the past. The problem is solved in T:ANE.

Peter,

T:ANE SP2 works differently and keeps files open with a temporary, scratch version. Should T:ANE crash, there's the opportunity to revert or keep the changes. This is much better than the old AutoSaves which was so confusing.

Have all of the bugs been worked out of T:ANE? I havent gotten it yet because while I heard alot of good things about it, I also heard my fair share of bad reviews for it.

Have all of the bugs been worked out of T:ANE? I havent gotten it yet because while I heard alot of good things about it, I also heard my fair share of bad reviews for it.

Depends on what you mean by all bugs as I'm not aware of any product that is totally bug-free.

Shane

It's better than TS12 SP1 if that's what you're wondering, and getting far better than it ever was. SP2 HF1 is coming out real soon which will make it even better. The early reviews were bad, yeah, but many were about the beta and early test releases. A lot has happened since those days. You are missing out in a lot of really nice stuff like procedural track - moving points and automatically placed frogs, shadows on scenery and trains, faster loading, longer draw distances, smoother operation, and much better stability.

But as Shane says all software has bugs and will never be bug free. That will never happen due to many reasons. Even Microsoft Windows has bugs, which are always being fixed as updates and patches are sent out. With Microsoft we get patches sometimes monthly in addition to the major updates.

I'll have to give it a shot. I havent had 12 very long (Since last year) and like it alot, but I guess I could give T:ANE a try as well, just means ALOT of transferring of stuff (Again) from 12 into T:ANE, But I'm sure that will be worth it in the long run.

If you are going to get it, I would hurry as there is currently a sale - 70% off...

TANE SALE - 48 HOURS ONLY

For those who haven’t upgraded to TANE yet, get in quick this weekend with our September Flash Sale!
With over 2 years of free updates and the next free update (SP2 HF1) due out any day now,
this is a great time to get the latest version and experience the best Trainz has to offer!

Not sure as to the timing of the end, but it is already Sunday afternoon here in Aus and this was sent out in the newsletter on Friday night.

Back