Help downloading Trainz Model Railroader 2017

Tracker99

I purchased Trains Model Railroader 2017 via Pay Pal about an hour ago. I've received 3 emails: 1 from PayPal, one saying that my payment has been accepted, and the 3rd one saying that my download is ready. ;

Trainz Model Railroad 2017 DLC Bundle has been allocated to your MyTrainz Account and will be available in-game when you next start Trainz

But when I do that the only thing in my account is something for my old Trainz 2009 sim I purchased in 2009. Can anyone help me with finding and downloading Trainz MR 2017, and what is the DLC bundle? I thought that it was a stand alone sim.

Thanks

Joel

Last edited:
No, what you've purchased is a content pack for T:ANE. It will download automatically when you start T:ANE. If you have it of course.

Paul

Paul,
I don't have anything installed on my computer. I thought that I purchased a stand alone product. I had bought Trainz 2009 in 2009 but that was two computers ago, and I don't have the CD any longer. They do mention a bundle with TANE I believe, but I can't install that as there is nothing for me to download. what's more there is no way to actually email customer service about this issue that I can find other then issuing a ticket.

Joel

Here is the description of TMR 2017. Could they think that I still have Trainz 2009 on my computer? How would I contact them to explain that I no longer have it?

This atand-alone version of TMR is trainz-build 4.4 and roughly equivalent to "Trainz A New Era SP1" feature set with some additional features added and a completely different content set. Purchasers also receive the full content set as DLC compatible with TANE SP2. ALternatively, the routes and sessions included will be available for purchase individually or as a bundle for TANE SP2 as soon as it is released.
Routes saved in TMR 2017 can be imported into TANE SP2 (trainz-build 4.5) but not vice versa.
Released on PC: December 5, 2016

Joel

So what you're saying is that I wasted my $35? I still don't understand it, as it clearly states it's a stand alone program. If that's the case, then how do I get in touch with them to ask for a refund since I can't use it as is?

Joel

Last edited:
Joel - have you got the link for the actual store page you purchased from? I've a feeling as others have said that you've bought the Trainz Model Railroad 2017 DLC bundle rather than the standard Trainz Model Railroad 2017. The DLC bundle is only compatible with Trainz A New Era which is mentioned on the page itself.

Shane

Shane,
Here is the address to the page I purchased it from. https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-model-railroad-2017

It clearly states that it's a stand alone product. there is no mention of needing TANE to install it. If there was a full bundle that needed to be installed, there is no bundle to download either. If they're assuming that the 2009 edition I purchased back then was still on my computer, they should have stated something to the effect about previous programs. That was 2 computers ago, and I haven't installed it since my interest has been in model railroads.

Thank you so much for any and all help.

Joel

Joel

I think there's two aspects involved here. There is both a full version (click MyTrainz followed by Download TMR17 to access this) as well as the DLC files for Trainz A New Era from memory which download in-game within that particular program.

If the Download TMR17 link isn't available for some reason, you will need to contact Helpdesk via the link above.

Shane

As far as I can tell N3V's products are non-refundable. If you bought the DLC bundle rather than the actual game you will need to buy T:ANE in order to use it.

It was purchased through Pay Pal who has already given them until 9/3 to issue a full refund, or they will take care of the refund on 9/4.

I've also been in touch with my bank/credit card company, and they will also become involved if necessary.

the Stand alone program lists for $34.99. If and additional program was needed for another $30, I certainly wouldn't have purchased it. Whether or not they have a no refund policy, the stand alone product hasn't been received as their 1st paragraph states that it is.

Joel

It was purchased through Pay Pal who has already given them until 9/3 to issue a full refund, or they will take care of the refund on 9/4.

I've also been in touch with my bank/credit card company, and they will also become involved if necessary.

the Stand alone program lists for $34.99. If and additional program was needed for another $30, I certainly wouldn't have purchased it. Whether or not they have a no refund policy, the stand alone product hasn't been received as their 1st paragraph states that it is.

Joel

I'd suggest reading my response I made to your post responding to me first (which mentions where to look for the standalone version) to make sure you aren't just looking in the wrong place.

Shane

Now looking at the link you provided, if that's where you bought it from there's no reason you should not have TMR2017 as a stand-alone product/game. Like Shane said, if that is the case you may have to contact the helpdesk if you are unable to download the actual game. Just so I can help:

Go here: https://www.auran.com/planetauran/portal.php?LoginRevisit=1

Look for "Product Downloads"

Beneath that should be TMR2017, I think. If not, refer to the above mentioned advice.

Thank you for the link. I've been there more then a dozen times this afternoon and there is nothing for me to download. I've also contacted via a ticket the issues I'm having. I only took the Pay Pal option as a way to expedite a resolution as there doesn't seem to be anyway to call or contact an individual there.

Joel

If there was a full bundle that needed to be installed, there is no bundle to download either. If they're assuming that the 2009 edition I purchased back then was still on my computer, they should have stated something to the effect about previous programs. That was 2 computers ago, and I haven't installed it since my interest has been in model railroads. Joel

Your previous TS2009 has absolutely nothing to do with this matter. Has no relevance whatsoever. Full stop!!!

Both packages are side by side in N3V's 2017 Collection shop page. Both are currently the same price. https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/2017-collection

You may have accidentally clicked on the wrong one and ordered the TMR2017 DLC Bundle, rather than the Stand-A-Lone TMR 2017 (with the 7 model railway layouts). No biggy. Poop happens. Easy mistake!!!

https://store.trainzportal.com/coll...roducts/trainz-model-railroad-2017-dlc-bundle As explained on the page; This DLC bundle allows you to download all the below routes and sessions into Trainz A New Era - SP2 or newer Trainz products.

https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/2017-collection/products/trainz-model-railroad-2017

Just send a ticket off to the help desk explaining things and I'm sure they will correct it. They'll hopefully just switch the download links from the TMR2017 DLC bundle to the Stand A Lone TMR2017. (Might take a few days, so be patient). At the end of the day, N3V want your business and I'm sure they will sort it out...

Both things are the same price, so that will make things easier for N3V to sort out.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Mac
Thank you for your response. That does make sense. I have an open ticket and will send off another email with that ticket number addressing that issue.

Just sent a follow up as per your suggestion. I also checked the store and they are indeed side by side. A newbie like myself wouldn't really know the difference between the two at this point. Hope that is it issue, and that they can resolve it, as I really want to explore the virtual world of Model Railroading. Operations have always been my interest, not necessarily building layouts of which I've had two N Scale layouts over the years.

Joel

Last edited:
Joel, welcome back aboard the crazy world of Trainzing. It's addictive. I'm sure N3V will sort the matter out in no time.

I put the links in my post #15, so it may help others not make the same easy mistake.

Happy Trainzing.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
I'm on vacation this week, so I was able to check my emails this morning, and sure enough there was a email from N3V explaining what the issue was, which was exactly as Mac said, I purchased the wrong MR2017. Since they're both the same price, he switched them, and I was able to download the full program and online installer, which made the process painless and quite easy. Next up is calling Pay Pal and making sure that the payment does indeed go through.

I'm taking the slow but steady route, and learning all the tutorials before I start working with the supplied layouts, then downloading ones I've found online. Eventually, I'll design my own based on my operational preferences.

Thanks again to all who took the time to help out a newbie.

Joel

Welcome aboard, Joel. Once you get into the swing of things, you'll be in for a treat. The virtual railroading hobby has a lot of the same things that the real one does, and when working with space restrictions of the virtual modeling world, you can bring your own N-scale creations to life and then some.

My recommendation is to check out the pre-built routes and see how they're constructed. You can open them up in the Session Editor, and then poke around. Play with the little driving sessions and get to know the routes that way as well. There's a tutorial on driving, which I think you should look at as well.

After you've checked out the built-in stuff, check on the Download Station, the DLS for short, for a route that someone has created. Look for those by user Philskene (Phil Skene). He created a couple of the routes in TMZ2017 and his others are just as spectacular. I particularly enjoy his narrow gauge routes. With these routes, from the DLS, you can open them up and edit them in Surveyor, and pull them apart if you wish.

Then after you've poked around here, try something on your own where you'll be addicted instantly. What is great about the Surveyor part of the package is your world is yours. You start with a simple baseboard a 720 x 720 meters. Three of these boards linked together is equal to 1.3 miles. You can sculpt the landscape, texture it, place objects, and fiddle with this world endlessly without worrying about ruining anything. I too would cringe when I made adjustments to my own real N-scale layout. Putting in a switch, or painting an area would create a plaster mess, and in some cases things wouldn't go as planned and would have to redo whole sections. With the virtual world, there's none of that worry. Don't like what you're doing? Close the route and start up again. Make a mistake? Click the Undo arrow and fix the mistake.

Anyway The process I outlined above is pretty much what I did 14 years ago when I got the TRS2004 program from CompUSA back in December 2003, and I've remained addicted since!

As always, if at any time you need help, ask here and don't be afraid to ask. This is as you've found out an international community and there's always someone around that can assist you.

Back