Sessions for Coal Country

Nice job with these , enjoyed .
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

<kuid2:178126:100256:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 1
<kuid2:178126:100257:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 2
These are from the JR Site http://jointedrail.com/product/gondola-packs-updated-4-11-13/ Pack 1

I too am missing
<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>
These are Auran and probably payware (just guessing here) not sure which one.

Bob

:D Thank you for the info, didn't realize but there was other Packs in here I was missing some items on my other Routes, must have just deleted them in the past on some Routes., so you were a great help,

:eek: Sometimes I can't see the Forest thru the trees until someone points it out.........

Matt, 10-4. Love the screenshots. Heh, I have the weather set up for a change every two minutes or so and just when a beautiful clear shot is perfectly framed, here comes the rain! I've actually stopped some times just to get a clear shot.

Take care,

Thank you Don, for all of your sessions. I am enjoying them and appreciate your work. I also love the Coal Country route; it has such a great feel to it. The numerous trackside cameras also add to the route. Scatchy and Jointed Rail did a great job.

I hope that more sessions for this route get published!

G'day Don,

I bought the Coal Country route and, naturally, downloaded your extra sessions for it.

Many thanks again for providing these fun sessions for a great route.

Are you considering any others?

Cheers,
Piere.

G'day Don, I bought the Coal Country route and, naturally, downloaded your extra sessions for it. Many thanks again for providing these fun sessions for a great route. Are you considering any others? Cheers, Piere.
Piere, I've been deep in content creation for the last several months and haven't even driven a train since August. Oh, I've been in Driver but only to see how the new content looks, get screenshots for thumbnails and see what I need to fix. I've learned more about gmax in the last few weeks than I learned in the last five years (scary thought but true) and still am stumped at why some things still happen.

But I digress. I've got ideas on several Coal Country sessions but just haven't gotten around to fleshing them out. They involve, drum roll, coal trains! What a concept! Anyway, don't hold your breath as it will be a while before I finish up with the content.

I know it might scary you, but you can come up with sessions yourself. I hadn't done any sessions for upload before July (I think that was the time frame) when I did several sessions for the C&O Hinton Division. I'd done a ton of sessions for the AI on my routes but none for a human Driver for upload. The main thing I've learned is to attempt to make sure that the only payware content in the sessions I make is that which is in the payware route I'm making sessions for; be it for T:ANE, the Legacy of the BN 2 or Coal Country routes. Otherwise, I've learned from the sessions included in the routes on how design the new ones. You can do the same I'm sure. Ha! Be aware that in designing a session you have to test it and you can (eventually) get pretty sick of the session and route. You can get pretty darn good at designing the session prior to test driving after a while by eliminating all the mistakes you've made before.

Take care and good luck!

Last edited:
G'day Don,

No worries, I appreciate the ones you've already provided.

I look forward to seeing the fruits of your recent labour too.

Cheers,
Piere.

DW Bennett 55, hello, yes from time to time I also have problems train horns. I'm guessing that it has something to do with my computer's resources. In other words if there is a lot of video action going on it seems like the horn works intermittently otherwise it works fine. Really haven't put my finger on it yet

I just downloaded these sessions. I only had four errors:

Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100783>
Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100782>
Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100784>
Unable to search asset <kuid2:92924:100080:1> This asset is payware DLC and is not available via the Download Station.

These are just the three scenarios and the route, of course.

I wonder if some of the missing ones listed earlier were found on my system because when I downloaded the route last night after buying it directly from JR, I checked for missing dependencies and downloaded quite a bunch from the DLS.

When I check the sessions for missing dependencies, I only find these four unknown assets, mentioned above in the thread:

<kuid2:178126:100256:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 1
<kuid2:178126:100257:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 2
These are from the JR Site http://jointedrail.com/product/gondo...dated-4-11-13/ Pack 1

I too am missing
<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>
These are Auran and probably payware (just guessing here) not sure which one.

Since the first two are available from JR and the last two don't matter, all seems good. Excuse me if I'm belaboring the obvious, but I'm brand spanking new to all of this. I'm just curious as to whether checking the route after buying it and installing it through Content Manager, and then downloading all the available dependencies not included in the .cdps for the route might have solved some of the problems listed earlier in the thread. I wasn't sure I should have been doing that after installing the route.

Last edited:
I don't have those assets installed or listed as a dep for the route/sessions I submitted, so I think the best way forward would be for you to raise a helpdesk with N3V. (I assume that's where you made the purchase?)

Scratchy, are you referring to the ones I just posted? Those were included by the session author. He said, earlier in this thread, that he didn’t wind up using them in his sessions, so it should be fine that they are missing.

I bought the route on Steam, but the Platinum package directly from N3V. Would that create any issues? It hasn’t seemed to. All the Platinum stuff shows up as owned by me in Steam.

Back