Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sessions for Coal Country

Blog Entries

I have no problems with this locomotive. Checked right now in TAN:E 88364, honk and bel works fine.

Nice sessions, thank you. Hope there are more in the pipeline!!!

United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston

Quote Originally Posted by colin55 View Post
    Thanks, Colin. I'm playing around now with the second BN Legacy route to see what I can come up with.

Take care,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 90955

Quote Originally Posted by colin55 View Post
    Agree, plus one!

ASUS Z170-A, Intel I7 6700, 16GB DDR4, W7 Ultimate
    GTX970 4GB
    LT Z960-5.1 G19 G13 G930, Corsair Scimitar PRO
    T:ANE Dlx SP2

Hi Don

I put those two locomotives on my test track and both horns are sounding. They do sound quit different. So after a little more exploring I found the two locos use different horns.
    <kuid:506034:250689> RPPX GP9 chop nose
    hornsound <kuid2:37581:1184:2>

<kuid:506034:809673> RPPX GP9 high
    hornsound <kuid2:37581:1238:1>

These two hornsounds are
    <kuid2:37581:1184:5> Leslie S3L #5
    <kuid2:37581:1238:3> Leslie RS3L

You mite notice the KUID version numbers are different. This brings up an interesting question. In TS12 there was an easy way to see if you had out of date items installed. I've never found that feature in tane and have setup several filters to do the same. But back to your question it would be worth while to check your install to see what version of the Leslie S3L #5 you have installed. Mine shows installed from DLS so it would be an easy update.

Hope this helps
    Bob
    Trainz Simulator 12 Build 61338 (not so much) - TANE 90945 - Kuid 80493

Blog Entries

Nice job with these , enjoyed .

Matt

work hard, Play harder

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
    <kuid2:178126:100256:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 1
    <kuid2:178126:100257:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 2
    These are from the JR Site http://jointedrail.com/product/gondo...dated-4-11-13/ Pack 1

I too am missing
    <kuid:-3:9910149>
    <kuid:-3:9910209>
    These are Auran and probably payware (just guessing here) not sure which one.

Bob
    Thank you for the info, didn't realize but there was other Packs in here I was missing some items on my other Routes, must have just deleted them in the past on some Routes., so you were a great help,

Sometimes I can't see the Forest thru the trees until someone points it out.........

Matt, 10-4. Love the screenshots. Heh, I have the weather set up for a change every two minutes or so and just when a beautiful clear shot is perfectly framed, here comes the rain! I've actually stopped some times just to get a clear shot.

Take care,

Quote Originally Posted by Richarde57 View Post
    Agree, plus one!

10-4, Richard. I'm working on several sessions for the Legacy of the Burlington Northern V2 right now. Hopefully you have that route also as the scenery is beautiful.

Take care,

Thank you Don, for all of your sessions. I am enjoying them and appreciate your work. I also love the Coal Country route; it has such a great feel to it. The numerous trackside cameras also add to the route. Scatchy and Jointed Rail did a great job.

I hope that more sessions for this route get published!
    "EM Frimbo,World's Greatest Railroad Buff
    Rogers EM Whitaker Travelled 2,748,673.74 RR miles"
    Memorial Plaque at Cumbres Pass

G'day Don,

I bought the Coal Country route and, naturally, downloaded your extra sessions for it.

Many thanks again for providing these fun sessions for a great route.

Are you considering any others?

Cheers,
    Piere.

Quote Originally Posted by Piere View Post
    G'day Don, I bought the Coal Country route and, naturally, downloaded your extra sessions for it. Many thanks again for providing these fun sessions for a great route. Are you considering any others? Cheers, Piere.
    Piere, I've been deep in content creation for the last several months and haven't even driven a train since August. Oh, I've been in Driver but only to see how the new content looks, get screenshots for thumbnails and see what I need to fix. I've learned more about gmax in the last few weeks than I learned in the last five years (scary thought but true) and still am stumped at why some things still happen.

But I digress. I've got ideas on several Coal Country sessions but just haven't gotten around to fleshing them out. They involve, drum roll, coal trains! What a concept! Anyway, don't hold your breath as it will be a while before I finish up with the content.

I know it might scary you, but you can come up with sessions yourself. I hadn't done any sessions for upload before July (I think that was the time frame) when I did several sessions for the C&O Hinton Division. I'd done a ton of sessions for the AI on my routes but none for a human Driver for upload. The main thing I've learned is to attempt to make sure that the only payware content in the sessions I make is that which is in the payware route I'm making sessions for; be it for T:ANE, the Legacy of the BN 2 or Coal Country routes. Otherwise, I've learned from the sessions included in the routes on how design the new ones. You can do the same I'm sure. Ha! Be aware that in designing a session you have to test it and you can (eventually) get pretty sick of the session and route. You can get pretty darn good at designing the session prior to test driving after a while by eliminating all the mistakes you've made before.

Take care and good luck!
    Last edited by DWBennett55; December 19th, 2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Formate

G'day Don,

No worries, I appreciate the ones you've already provided.

I look forward to seeing the fruits of your recent labour too.

Cheers,
    Piere.

DW Bennett 55, hello, yes from time to time I also have problems train horns. I'm guessing that it has something to do with my computer's resources. In other words if there is a lot of video action going on it seems like the horn works intermittently otherwise it works fine. Really haven't put my finger on it yet

I just downloaded these sessions. I only had four errors:

Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100783>
    Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100782>
    Unable to search asset <kuid:417385:100784>
    Unable to search asset <kuid2:92924:100080:1> This asset is payware DLC and is not available via the Download Station.

These are just the three scenarios and the route, of course.

I wonder if some of the missing ones listed earlier were found on my system because when I downloaded the route last night after buying it directly from JR, I checked for missing dependencies and downloaded quite a bunch from the DLS.

When I check the sessions for missing dependencies, I only find these four unknown assets, mentioned above in the thread:

<kuid2:178126:100256:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 1
    <kuid2:178126:100257:3> 52ft Gondola CEFX 2
    These are from the JR Site http://jointedrail.com/product/gondo...dated-4-11-13/ Pack 1

I too am missing
    <kuid:-3:9910149>
    <kuid:-3:9910209>
    These are Auran and probably payware (just guessing here) not sure which one.
    Since the first two are available from JR and the last two don't matter, all seems good. Excuse me if I'm belaboring the obvious, but I'm brand spanking new to all of this. I'm just curious as to whether checking the route after buying it and installing it through Content Manager, and then downloading all the available dependencies not included in the .cdps for the route might have solved some of the problems listed earlier in the thread. I wasn't sure I should have been doing that after installing the route.
    Last edited by Griphos; January 15th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.