Screenshot of The Week: August 13 to August 20 2017 (Emergency)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Things don't always go according to plan and sometimes, they can go very wrong indeed. Sometimes trains get themselves in situations that require urgent assistance, but they can also be an efficient source of aid in other situations. This week's theme is Emergency. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on August 20 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
Well I know it is after the 13th but somehow I have a feeling that this will be OK. Get fully well soon Nicky, have some ice cream.

And for anyone who doesn't think Ice Cream!!! isn't an emergency, well, you have gotten too old.

(Pay no attention to the building in the background that is on fire.)

Last edited:
CNN News has just announced that seven hours ago, a Middle Eastern radical terrorist group had seized control of the Norwegian cruise ship MS Oslo with 2,247 passengers and 608 crew on board. The team of terrorists, believed to be 16 in number, used automatic weapons and hand grenades to slaughter and maim huge numbers of victims. The ship was heading to New York City in the US and was just off the fishing port of Montauk at the eastern tip of Wrong Island. US military forces were able to board the Oslo and in the ensuing battle, the terrorists torched the ship which is still afloat but is not expected to last much longer. Rescue efforts by sea and air from the US and Canada have been removing victims. The most critical cases are being air lifted and rushed to the nearest large trauma center, located in Wolf Hill City. Less critical victims are being brought to Wolf Cill City by rail. The large number are overwhelming the small regional center and medical staff is being augmented my many emergency vehicles and volunteers who are coming long distances to help. Police are shutting off the roads around the hospital and diverting traffic allowing emergency workers to do their jobs.

2297747a3db05ef72224bb817ddd35c6.jpg

Hope you're feeling better by now, Nicky.

Last edited:
Oknotsen, that's pretty funny stuff lol. Jtrainz, great shot!

Not sure if this actually constitute as an "emergency" but it would still be considered a fairly urgent matter.

A patched former ATSF SD40-2 pulls two disabled GEs in excess of 70mph at the head of a Amtrak Superliner train, which broke down earlier that day and is now three hours late:

I do believe voting would begin now, as it is the 20th (yes I see the typo in the opening post). If it's to early to vote, I apologize but if not, my vote goes to...

Oknotsen - very funny scene, I like it, it legitimately made me laugh.

EDIT:
I am sure Nicky forgot to edit that text when starting the topic.
Thank you for your vote (as that makes 1 more than I had expected), but the "rule" is that Nicky posts when submissions are closed and voting starts (which usually is Monday or Tuesday).

I see, next time I will wait a little longer, still though, you have my vote! :D

Last edited:
Submission closes on August 13 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

I do believe voting would begin now, as it is the 20th (yes I see the typo in the opening post). If it's to early to vote, I apologize
I am sure Nicky forgot to edit that text when starting the topic.
Thank you for your vote (as that makes 1 more than I had expected), but the "rule" is that Nicky posts when submissions are closed and voting starts (which usually is Monday or Tuesday).

There are 8 entries so please vote for 1. Voting ends Sunday, August 27.
No worries TrainzPlayer, your vote will be counted. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

My vote goes to:

Jtrainz.com - for precise, careful and painstaking set up of the scene.​

[A pity that there are not two votes as euromodeller's "Jaws" scene is very good too].

Peter.

Some great shots, loved euromodellers, however my vote goes to,....

Jtrainz.com - for really good attention to detail.

Back