Ranked Session Question

carnsrb

I've created a fairly detailed session for the New England Coastal route. I made it using the ranked session rules. Everything seems to work perfectly during the session however when I complete the session my ranking and score are not transferred to the screen where the sessions are listed like with other ranked sessions I've run. I've looked at how they are used in other sessions like Fossil Fuels in Kickstarter County and can find no differences. Is a script or something else required for the transfer to take place? The session was created in TANE SP2. Any insight or advice will be appreciated.

Bob

Technically No and Yes. I do have the Ranked Session Complete rule and it executes as it does in the other sessions. It has the dial and shows you the final score and then depending on how you have set up the ending you can display different messages depending on the score. What I don't have is an "End Session" rule which the Fossil Fuels only uses when you have done something that aborts the session. I've run it with various scenarios and different scoring and "in session" everything is fine. It's only when I exit the session that nothing transfers. If there is an acutal "End Ranked Session" rule I don't see it in my version.

If it works anything the same as achievements, it will only work if the session is not flagged "locally modified".

WHen I get home from work I will check the actual name again. I may have called it wrong. And your right about "End Session" dumping you right out.

I believe that ranked sessions are considered part of the achievements so that may be the answer. I guess it begs the question though as to how you ever create a session that's not locally modified? My plan is to upload this and a follow on session to the Download Station. I wonder then if you download the session from there whether it continues to carry the locally modified label or not? Thanks for the insight.

I guess it begs the question though as to how you ever create a session that's not locally modified? My plan is to upload this and a follow on session to the Download Station. I wonder then if you download the session from there whether it continues to carry the locally modified label or not? Thanks for the insight.
I am one of the rare people that made achievements.
Most likely because those things only work on things that do not have the locally modified flag.
To remove the flag, you will have to do what I think you just described yourself:
Upload the asset, delete it locally (though I would keep a safety copy of it somewhere) and re-download your own asset.

I hope you don't have to go through the same frustrations as I had with the achievements. It took me a few updates (and uploads) of the same assets before I got it right.

I am one of the rare people that made achievements.
Most likely because those things only work on things that do not have the locally modified flag.
To remove the flag, you will have to do what I think you just described yourself:
Upload the asset, delete it locally (though I would keep a safety copy of it somewhere) and re-download your own asset.

I hope you don't have to go through the same frustrations as I had with the achievements. It took me a few updates (and uploads) of the same assets before I got it right.

Thanks this is very helpful. It's nice to understand what the issues are even if it may take some time to work through them.

Bob

Have things changed in SP4? I have created three sessions on Avery-Drexel, uploaded to the DLS, removed my originals and downloaded them. They still do not update the ratings and achievements. As in the original question, the rules appear to conform in every respect with the "factory" sessions. I have indications from anther user that they do see the score updated.

:B~)

Well I've never had it transfer or remember my own score in a dozen sessions I've created. That's despite deleting the original and downloading the session from the DLS.

Thank you. Glad (?) it's not just me. Wonder how the poor developer is supposed to make sure the code works, for the general benefit?

:B~(

Back