What are YOUR plans for the upcoming Solar Eclipse?

Well as of turns out, where I live in Oklahoma I'm only going to be seeing a partial eclipse, that is assuming that some crazy massive thunderstorm does not begin now (Oklahoma is not known for stable weather conditions), tough luck I guess. At least I'll be able to see the replay on TV.

Oh ... Just put a box on your head:

Real men don't need eclipse glass's

>-------v
150309-solar-eclipse-11.jpg

If it's your birfday' ... Go ahead and wear a bucket on your head

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shr...2NhLTJkZDAtNDcxNC05Mzg4LTA2NGE0ZWRhZGVhZg.jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait till it's all over ... There are allot of other VERY important BREAKING NEWS current events going on, right now ... The eclipse is really no big earthshaking deal

Nah, if I can remember to maybe I'll go out and take a look. Forecast says it's gonna be cloudy.

Matt

As it turns out, I won't see anything anyway even though the sun is out. The event won't occur until close to 4:00 eastern time where I live. At that hour, the sun is down below the tree line on the hill above me.

It will be visible maybe 70% in your area beginning at @ 1:30 pm, ending @ 4:00 pm, the best partial totality eclipse in your area will be @ between @ 2:00 - 2:50 pm

Last edited:
Did you see it ? ... Did you see it ? ... Oh, Poo ... it's all over inside of 2 minutes ... Now back to some important breaking news ... 2 Ageus Missile Destroyers permanently out of commission in collisions, 17 sailors dead, and KJU is once again threatening to poke out the eye of the Sun with one of his missiles with nuclear warfare

Solar dark glass's are now being sold for 1 cent

Last edited:
I pretty much did not see it, unfortunately I was quite tired and was basically asleep, my mom says she took me to the porch, but unfortunately we lacked the proper eye protection to even glance in the general direction of the Sun... It was only a near eclipse, not total anyway. Being exhausted from mowing the lawn earlier that day did not help either.

So no, I did not see it. Lol that is more than predictable of me, I often miss things like this.

What you did miss ... you can see on re-run TV ... I slept through several earthquakes ... this was not a real earthshaking event ... it was quite lackluster to see 2 min of twilight (not total darkness) ... I'm sure glad i did not drive for 2 days and guzzle up $450 of gasoline to see what it looks like at 8:30 PM at night (every night) (which happens every night 24-7-365 right at home)

The sun's corona is what's interesting to see since it can only be seen during a total solar eclipse unless you have a very specialized telescope.

I was about 70 miles from totality. It got a little darker outside - like just before a storm but that's about it.

Ben

Got it!

Here is one of several photos I took that captured the eclipse, not in the region of direct sunlight, but through the internal optics of the camera itself. I would guess that the sunlight reflected off the back of the lens, refocusing as an artifact in the image. This was about 20 minutes before "totality," which for our area was only about 84%. I have pictures at totality, but slight cloud cover made the image less dramatic than this one. I thought this one pretty impressive for sharing.
9ca1801a5b9e86017f0b0430a0f79c96.jpg

I was planning to go up in to the Pennines to photograph the 3.5% partial eclipse but the weather was the UK's usual summer grey cloud cover that Monday evening so I didn't bother!

Rob.

Back