Need a track and switch man.

Jayco-man

Need someone to take a look at this switch and see what I need to do to get switch to look right. What I mean by that is to get it to look like a switch instead of a y. I've tried everything I can thank of. Thanks in advance.
6zMJCw.jpg
:confused:

The dead end piece at the bottom is there and it dead ends there. The two switches on the south end look good, I'm just trying to get the north end to look right. the switch is to short or something.

It is not easy to see what your problem is but perhaps this is what you mean.

You want the centre rail to continue straight then join the right hand rail. You want the left hand rail to be joined to the centre rail by two right-handed junctions. It looks as though you have used the track straighten function on both of the 'Y' rails

If this is correct then try adding spline points to allow the divergent rails to become 'S's. Probably two in the right one and perhaps one in the left rail. If you fix the right rail that may be enough.

Of course, you could explain more clearly what you want to achieve and that would probably give you your own answer.

Peter

Place a spline point on the two tracks after the Y and use straighten track only on the approach track to the bottom of the Y. A single piece of track placed between two junctions is influenced by both junctions.

To put it another way, a good-looking switch (in Trainz, that is) will be two straightened segments (which need to be in a straight line) with a non-straightened piece of track branching off from the spline point where they meet. In other words, to create the switch start with a single segment of track, straighten it, then add a spline point where you will want the switch to branch from. One of the two segments will lose its straightening, so click it again with the straighten tool. The two segments should now be in a straight line again. Then add the branching track to the new spline point and do not straighten it. The straight segments can be very short, which is often necessary if you want your track to look anything like a turnout on a curve.

Note that I say "in Trainz" above. In real life, railroads often create turnouts where all of the tracks are curved, but Trainz' spline point system doesn't play nice with turnouts like that.

I'm sure this is clear as mud, but I hope it helps.

--Lamont

Thanks for all the help, I will try some of these and see what happens. The area is at Blackberry City. 37° 36' 48.84" N , 82° 10' 1.48" W

Looks like an easy one where 3 tracks, at one time went to 4 tracks, and one track swoops outward from the others ... I will try to reproduce it in a screenshot, soon

Back