Angled crossings

You place a ATLS control-trigger (It's that green track-object that looks like a trigger. I can't remember what it's actually called) somewhere down the tracks as close or as far away from the road crossing as you need. You can also adjust the timings too on the gates I think as well. That is, if you are using the ATLS system.

Green track object only detect the first train (loco).
If only one loco as in video, we can set approx 25 meters from crossing. Or use short time.
But if train is too long?

Which side we need to put green track object if there's only single track?
Does the orange or black-white track object can detect that all train had crossed or still crossing?

ATLS triggers must be used in 2's or 4's depending on the mode you have set up in the controller. One trigger before and one after the crossing. The first trigger passed starts the animation and the second trigger clears the animation. Length of train is not a factor as it could be a mile long and still work. The ATLS advanced demo on the DLS shows the assets required for different set ups and there are set ups using different methods all for you to mess about with.

Each ATLS component has pictures of how to use it. Put it on your route and click on it with the Properties ("?") button to view the instructions and diagrams.

:B~)

George, just follow the video, it works! Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. I laid the road over the track, set a spline point in the center and lowered it until the rails showed through, then used the same point for the traffic stopper. At the angle I had, it did not work to put a gated crossing, as
when the gates are parallel to the track, the lights aren't visible from the road! So I just used lights. Following the video, it worked like a charm.

Point well taken, Stagecoach. I think I was trying to put them too close, and at the angle, the barriers went out over the tracks, so I should have moved them farther away.... A simple idea, but one that just slipped by me at the time....

Back