Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angled crossings

Thanks for the great video link Stagecoach 75377! That is going to help a whole lot! So can I just lay the road over the track? That won't interfere? I guess I can try it and see, although it will look kind of funny....

Just to be clear, I am not looking for a ready-made functioning crossing, just the road/track interface at the 30 degree angle opposite of all of them I am finding out at the DLS. The rest I had planned on building just as you indicated with that great video.
    Last edited by Forester1; August 11th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Thanks for the great video link Stagecoach 75377! That is going to help a whole lot! So can I just lay the road over the track? That won't interfere? I guess I can try it and see, although it will look kind of funny....

Just to be clear, I am not looking for a ready-made functioning crossing, just the road/track interface at the 30 degree angle opposite of all of them I am finding out at the DLS. The rest I had planned on building just as you indicated with that great video.
    Yes just lay the road over the tracks. Trainz's trains don't care.

If you are using the YARN roads, (not YARNnish), you'll find that they match up quite well with the rails so that just the rails stick out. There are track-objects crossing boards which will cover up the road in that place. If you use YARNnish roads, you need to lower them a tiny bit as they run a bit higher that the YARN roads.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 88348

Place the traffic stopper and rotate to match your road angle then split the road and join to the traffic stopper each side. Place the stopper over the track and raise or lower the stopper to get the level for the road across the track. These assets don't effect the track as they are not connected.

How we set the stopper so it will re-open AFTER the end of train had already crossed from the road, like ussual in real world?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by george_aprianto View Post
    How we set the stopper so it will re-open AFTER the end of train had already crossed from the road, like ussual in real world?
    You place a ATLS control-trigger (It's that green track-object that looks like a trigger. I can't remember what it's actually called) somewhere down the tracks as close or as far away from the road crossing as you need. You can also adjust the timings too on the gates I think as well. That is, if you are using the ATLS system.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 88348

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    You place a ATLS control-trigger (It's that green track-object that looks like a trigger. I can't remember what it's actually called) somewhere down the tracks as close or as far away from the road crossing as you need. You can also adjust the timings too on the gates I think as well. That is, if you are using the ATLS system.
    Green track object only detect the first train (loco).
    If only one loco as in video, we can set approx 25 meters from crossing. Or use short time.
    But if train is too long?

Which side we need to put green track object if there's only single track?
    Does the orange or black-white track object can detect that all train had crossed or still crossing?

ATLS triggers must be used in 2's or 4's depending on the mode you have set up in the controller. One trigger before and one after the crossing. The first trigger passed starts the animation and the second trigger clears the animation. Length of train is not a factor as it could be a mile long and still work. The ATLS advanced demo on the DLS shows the assets required for different set ups and there are set ups using different methods all for you to mess about with.

Blog Entries

Each ATLS component has pictures of how to use it. Put it on your route and click on it with the Properties ("?") button to view the instructions and diagrams.

:B~)

George, just follow the video, it works! Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. I laid the road over the track, set a spline point in the center and lowered it until the rails showed through, then used the same point for the traffic stopper. At the angle I had, it did not work to put a gated crossing, as
    when the gates are parallel to the track, the lights aren't visible from the road! So I just used lights. Following the video, it worked like a charm.

There are also some pdf tutorials on my website http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/tutorials.html

But I must say, that video turorial is probably easier!

Boat

When you place gates or barriers on angled roads don't line them up with the track as the barrier should be 90 degrees to the road. This document shows a typical crossing (about half way down) https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/hsip/xin...010/sec04b.cfm

Point well taken, Stagecoach. I think I was trying to put them too close, and at the angle, the barriers went out over the tracks, so I should have moved them farther away.... A simple idea, but one that just slipped by me at the time....