Adjusting height of my ballast splines below your track

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hello everyone,

This is for those of you that downloaded my ballast splines. I'm sure most of you are finding the height adjustment tedious and time consuming. I am using Protrack F series with concrete and wood sleepers. This method should work for other track as well.

What you do is in the track tab click on the get height for a spline point in your track. Click on the spline point to get the height in meters. Then go to the spline tab for roads and other splines and enter the height you got from the track spline point minus .38 from the number and apply it to the spline point of the ballast spline. It will bring the track ballast splint point snug underneath your track. Example: Track spline point number 624.58 enter 624.58 - .38 = 624.20 into the ballast spline point height (vertex) and the ballast will snug right up to your track. Hit the smooth spline button and you will then end up with a nice ballast beneath your track similar to the track in the picture below. The ballast splines I made are in light and dark gray gravel. For those that use other colors, you have my permission to alter the color to suit your track. Hope this helps relieve the frustration from trying to adjust it by moving a mouse forward or back to adjust the spline or vertex height. I use the metric system for all of my work in Trainz. It should be fairly easy to convert meters and centimeters to feet and inches for those that use the US system of measurement. 39.3 inches per meter. Have fun Trainzing.

Jack

b97c97d7069ece28dbe480539ea36386.jpg

Back