How do I?

Jayco-man

Ok I have a AI train to come from portal and to proceed to portal B, but it comes out running at 40 MPH from A to B. How do I control the speed of the AI from A to B. Thanks in advance.

I think a Portal has no driver, and no control, until the last car emerges, so a speedboard would be placed that that location far away from the Portal, either that or move the portal back into the backwoods brush a bit, and underground

Place invisible speed markers on the track just outside the portal, or anywhere else, to set the maximum speed for that section of track. Place a set maximum speed command in you AI instructions to the train. For example a passenger service calling at stations between portal A - B, with an invisible speed marker of 80 and passengers unloading/loading under AI; set max speed 60, drive to station Z, load, set max speed 60, drive to station Y, load, Set max speed 75, drive to station X, load, set max speed, 50, navigate to Portal B. Under AI you don't need an unload command because the passengers get off anyway however you do need to reset the train speed after each station or it will frequently revert to 40 irrespective of the track limit. Peter

Last edited:
Back