Checking DVD Drive for Errors

No need a DVD ether works or it is dead and a new one is around $20US.

Not necessarily!

The dvd here works just fine, but extracting info like movies, etc sometimes it doesn't do the job! Absolution is not a necessary outcome for DVD! :wave:

Yes, dvd-rom are cheaper, but it's more of a headache to installed one --- pc carries so many wires, like a million USB connections, printers, cameras, two keyboards, etc that it becomes time consuming.... the back of my pc like look something out of the Matrix! :hehe:

All in all, I have software that the DVD has errors -- Yet it works fine! Except extracting! :'(

Ish

Not necessarily!

The dvd here works just fine, but extracting info like movies, etc sometimes it doesn't do the job! Absolution is not a necessary outcome for DVD! :wave:

Yes, dvd-rom are cheaper, but it's more of a headache to installed one --- pc carries so many wires, like a million USB connections, printers, cameras, two keyboards, etc that it becomes time consuming.... the back of my pc like look something out of the Matrix! :hehe:

All in all, I have software that the DVD has errors -- Yet it works fine! Except extracting! :'(

Ish

Ish

I've seen this software before. Give it a try and see what's up.

This might not be the drive its self. Some discs are of better quality than others, and this could be the problem. I have also seen some discs that were encrypted which did not allow transferring from the disc to a hard drive. The thing with encryption is the disc will show a bad sector or track so if you show a bad track on the disc, it may very well be that rather than the disc being faulty.

Ish

I've seen this software before. Give it a try and see what's up.

This might not be the drive its self. Some discs are of better quality than others, and this could be the problem. I have also seen some discs that were encrypted which did not allow transferring from the disc to a hard drive. The thing with encryption is the disc will show a bad sector or track so if you show a bad track on the disc, it may very well be that rather than the disc being faulty.

Hi John --

Very very informative, sir!

Most likely will get an external one --- It's such a headache to opem this pc --- I just took a glance at the back of the pc, and I almost fainted, with so many wires here and there --- through the years, the more thing you buy for a pc the more u connect things to it, and u don't realize how much until moments like this!

Thanks again John for the info!, take care!
Ish

If you want to get heavily into CD and DVD drives then take a look at http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Most drives are made by lite-on these days and buying the lite-on brand means you get the latest firmware.

Cheerio John

Hello John,

Very interesting, sir!

Yep, lite-on does have a great great solution, indeed!

Take Care
Ish

Back