Thread: DLS Content marked as "Third Party" and is not available for Multiplayer

Germany, Nordrhein Westfalen, Moenchengladbach

Default DLS Content marked as "Third Party" and is not available for Multiplayer

Hey Guys,

could anyone please tell me, why some assets downloaded from the DLS are marked as "Third Party" instead of "Installed from DLS"?
    What does this mean and why does it happen? It wouldn't be a big deal if they were still available for multiplayer sessions, but this isn't the case.
    And no, they are not "Modified", they are "Third Party".

Did I miss settings or are there new settings for uploading content now?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Pascal

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

That's DLC content that is on the DLS so it can be updated and uploaded, I could be wrong.

"Third Party" is displayed when you have installed content which isn't in the DLS listing. If the content is legitimately sourced from the DLS, then it is hidden from the listing in some fashion (for example, it's faulty or otherwise inappropriate for direct download). In this scenario, we allow still allow downloading as a dependency of some other object.

chris

Germany, Nordrhein Westfalen, Moenchengladbach

Now I understand! Thanks guys!

I'll have to revive this topic.

I uploaded some platforms some time ago, i tought it was all okay, they have been listed on DLS-Website (dls.trainzportal.com) and for me - everything was alright.

Now when I was trying around, i was not able to find those platforms via CM.

For example - the following kuid: <kuid2:500749:211201:2>

Not visible via CM, but visible on DLS website.

What happend? I'm sure that I did not click the checkbox to set it as invisible.

The (example) asset is faulty. Fix the error(s), re-upload it and it will show up in Manage Content.

Edit:
    I can't seem to find what is faulty about it. Maybe it is an error that does show up in TANE SP2 (as I am currently running build 84204; SP1).
    Last edited by oknotsen; March 8th, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

I am using the asset <kuid2:500749:211201:2> in SP2 Build 90959 and it is not shown as faulty, also it isnt shown faulty in SP1...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Basti- View Post
    I am using the asset <kuid2:500749:211201:2> in SP2 Build 90959 and it is not shown as faulty, also it isnt shown faulty in SP1...
    That asset is on the CRG Faulty List for "repairs". It has this error: Failed to load dependency assets required for compiling this asset.

This happens quite often. My pet theory is that the asset was uploaded before the mesh assets on which it depends. This could be a problem even if the mesh libraries and the asset were in the same CDP. i.e. it depends on the order of processing.

There are two obvious solutions:

1. The original author bumps the asset version and uploads again, or
    2. The CRG does the same. This will take time.

If the asset is downloaded "as is", it should work. It shows up in Preview Asset. If downloaded as a route dependency it will also work.

Paul

I'm also part of the CRG, so i'll do it.

I guess things got confused there when I uploaded it (all parts have been uploaded within 2h) those assets got rejected because of missing thumbnails, so i got to choice to delete the upload or forward them to CRG.
    I choose delete and re-uploaded those assets few hours later.

However, i'll take care about it... :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Basti- View Post
    I guess things got confused there when I uploaded it (all parts have been uploaded within 2h) those assets got rejected because of missing thumbnails, so i got to choice to delete the upload or forward them to CRG.
    I choose delete and re-uploaded those assets few hours later.
    That would explain it.

Seriously though, we get quite a few assets like that. We do know that the DLS upload validation is a bit more stringent than that of TANE. Or at least it was. Not sure about the validation in the latest beta.

Paul

I'll have a look at that, for now I'll claim the assets under this account and upload a fix with the trainzdepot account, but i'll take the chance for further improvements :-)