Problem with Interlocking Tower cancelling a path

mjsalman

I have a problem which is driving me toward insanity I am using Kickstarter Route and created a session. I put an Interlocking Tower and a locomotive pulling tankers in St-Nicholass yard. At the entrance of Jackson Refinery there is a junction, I added an invisible signal right after the junction. Further down the track I put in a marker and a trigger slightly in front of the marker. I then created an Interlocking Tower path from the yard to that invisible signal, the reason being that I was told by technical support that you cannot cancel a path if it is occupied by a train. The driver I use is an AI driver to which I give the following commands; IT Set Path (to Jackson), Navigate to Jackson Refinery, load tankers and Auto Drive to marker. To the list of rules I added a Trigger rule (to be triggered by the loco) and under that rule I added a Message PopUp (saying cancelling path), followed by an Interlocking Tower Set Path (cancelling the path), followed by a Message PopUp saying message saying Path cancelled. The AI train will then proceed to go to Jackson Refinery, load the tankers and then activate the trigger (I know it does so because I get a popup message saying so but the path is not cancelled (junctions remain locked) and the popup message which is after the cancellation rule is never displayed. Is there a problem with Trainz or what am I doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike

I can say this much. Any JCN programmed to an Interlocking Tower will remain locked out from manual control. It is part of how the Towers are supposed to work. Might have to wait for Pguy to read thread this for detailed info.

As noted above, the 'lock' symbol will always appear above any junction that is assigned to an IT path, even if the path is not active. The path itself should clear once the last train car has passed the exit (invisible) signal, plus a small distance. If this is not feasible, say due to your train length, then you may be able to cancel the path by issuing the IT CancelEnhancedPath driver command. I'd recommend adding the IT Enhanced Manager rule to your session. Then, in Driver mode, you can access it from the User Rules menu (top right of screen) and follow what is happening with the paths / trains.

John

As noted above, the 'lock' symbol will always appear above any junction that is assigned to an IT path, even if the path is not active. The path itself should clear once the last train car has passed the exit (invisible) signal, plus a small distance. If this is not feasible, say due to your train length, then you may be able to cancel the path by issuing the IT CancelEnhancedPath driver command. I'd recommend adding the IT Enhanced Manager rule to your session. Then, in Driver mode, you can access it from the User Rules menu (top right of screen) and follow what is happening with the paths / trains.

John

Thanks for your help. If I understand you correctly junctions should be released once the train has passed the invisible signal by a short distance. Well I was pulling 4 tankers so I removed 2 tankers and as I mentioned initially the AI driver has a Auto drive to a marker which I placed further down the track (from the invisible signal if you follow down the track there is a junction and the marker is located after that junction) the trigger is also situated near the marker. I noticed that the command for the AI driver to navigate to Jackson Refinery disappears once the train passes the invisible signal. You mentioned in your post something about IT CancelEnhancedPath driver command I do not have this command nor the IT Enhanced Manager rule. The build I am using is 88364. Regards Mike

Thanks for your help. If I understand you correctly junctions should be released once the train has passed the invisible signal by a short distance. Well I was pulling 4 tankers so I removed 2 tankers and as I mentioned initially the AI driver has a Auto drive to a marker which I placed further down the track (from the invisible signal if you follow down the track there is a junction and the marker is located after that junction) the trigger is also situated near the marker. I noticed that the command for the AI driver to navigate to Jackson Refinery disappears once the train passes the invisible signal. You mentioned in your post something about IT CancelEnhancedPath driver command I do not have this command nor the IT Enhanced Manager rule. The build I am using is 88364. Regards Mike
The commands and rules associated for the IT sets are all on the DLS.

Filter by author> Pguy and you can get all the missing and updated assets you are missing. I DO recommend getting the updated assets as SP2 broke alot of the early versions and Pguy has been aggressively fixing any hiccups along the way.

I found this thread whilst trying to solve a problem I am having with Interlocking Towers. It seems that once paths are set up and assigned to a tower, it is impossible to route a train through the path ( or part of the path) manually or AI, as the junctions are controlled by the tower, and cannot be set manually (or by ordinary AI)

Can anyone please advise if that is the case, or ideally, if there is a way of totally cancelling the Tower Path in Driver mode, so that, say, shunting operations can be performed over areas covered by paths?

I have been most impressed with the concept of IT, and would like to include it in the Stainmore project I have begun, unfortunately, it would seem it unsuitable for my requirements.

Any advice would be most appreciated

Regards, Ian

Once programmed to the IT Tower, The junction is locked out. If you need manual control, The JCN not be part of any set up paths.

Thank you for that prompt response. That is what I feared - I'll try to be more sparing with my use of IT - I still think it is a great system though
Best wishes
Ian

Thank you for that prompt response. That is what I feared - I'll try to be more sparing with my use of IT - I still think it is a great system though
Best wishes
Ian

Or you could do as I do and use IT exclusively. No more wandering AI's.

Along with Mission Codes as well.

the system is then flawless....

Peter

Thank you for your suggestion, Peter. I might have a go at that, but I expect you use fairly short paths, and allow the Mission Codes to work it out? I think that what may have messed me up was the use of longer paths, and requiring to break out part way along to an uncontrolled section. This caused some error messages, and even crashes to desktop, something I have never before experienced on the Mac.
Best wishes
Ian

Yes, setting a path as short as possible is a great way to go. I usually use it only to control turnouts, crossovers and such short things as that. Most paths are a few mere meters. The only reason I have long paths is when I choose to traverse an area where a double main becomes a single for a strech and kill it at the passing sidings only to do a fresh path for the continuation. I never have any issues with the AI and myself trying to fight for right of way.

Thanks again. I've started reconfiguring the paths now, and early results are very promising, covering key junction areas, whilst leaving manoeuvring areas clear.
I find Mission Codes very useful, but their association with paths seems to cancel after each running session, meaning they have to be redone each time a session starts. Maybe I missed a save button somewhere?
Regards
Ian

Thanks again. I've started reconfiguring the paths now, and early results are very promising, covering key junction areas, whilst leaving manoeuvring areas clear.
I find Mission Codes very useful, but their association with paths seems to cancel after each running session, meaning they have to be redone each time a session starts. Maybe I missed a save button somewhere?
Regards
Ian

They shouldn't do. Once they are set up they should work every time.

Thanks for that information, Peter. Now knowing what should happen, I have rooted out the problem, and can save now. The west end of Barnard Castle works a treat now!
Regards
Ian

Regards
Ian

Hi Ian.

When you edit your session under surveyor, the association between mission codes and paths is saved with your session, so if you edit later your session you should retrieve the association you previously have defined. This association is for this specific session only. If you create a new session, you will start again from scratch and you will need to re enter some association (that may be not the same as your previous session) between the new session mission codes and the new session IT path definition. The configuration is always local to a session.

If you want to keep your association from a previous session in a new session, you should edit your previous session and save it under a new session name to have a copy of your initial session association that you can modify in the new saved session. Many people have for a route a base session where the common rules configuration data is kept and they copy this base session in a new operation session adjusting the data to the need of this specific operation session.

If you have any problem with mission code data not being correctly saved and restored inside the same session, let me know as there may still be some bugs in the code needing to be fixed for some specific situations ...

Regards.
Pierre.

Back