Unable to open nwhop2pk.cdp for reading

Hello, I am trying to install the N&W Hopper 2 pack freeware from the Jointed Rail website.

I can't seem to install it in the game though, because every time I drag the .cdp file to into Content Manager, I get this error message:

"Unable to open CDP file for reading". I have tried to install it in both TANE and TS12, but both display the same error message. Does anyone else have this problem?
I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Normally, CDP's are loaded via the Files menu at the top of the CM screen. I have never tried Drag and Drop with CDPs which require unpacking and it is not the same as dragging an open-for-edit file into the main page.

However I will try doing this and see what happens.

EDIT. Just checked and it does work, we learn something new every day. In your case I would check that you have made sure that your username and serial number have been entered correctly. CMP gets a bit fussy without those details as it would see your installation as unregistered and refuse to load content.

PeterPM

Last edited:
Okay, I double checked my login details on both TS12 and TANE and they are all correct. I attempted to install the CDP's the way you described, but I still get the same error message. Also, I just realized there are two different freeware N&W hopper packs on the same website, so I'll provide a link to the exact product I'm talking about.

Link: http://jointedrail.com/product/nw-hopper-2-pack/
I only recently figured out I have to manually enter the serial number into my account in order to register TS12 to my username (Just a few hours ago) , so I guess it takes a bit for it to show on my timeline.

I've never had this problem with any other content from Jointed Rail, so maybe the CDP is damaged? Just a theory, but I could be wrong.

CM will happily create CDPs larger than it can read although I doubt if Jointed Rail would release a pack that could not be read.

I "drag and drop" CDPs all the time. In fact, I'm sure that is the only way I have ever done it. :confused:

Just downloaded the cdp.
I always want to keep the downloaded file so I saved it to HD.
Then did a double click on the file... same error as mentioned above.
Conclusion: the file is corrupt

☼ ... ☼

You could try running PEV's CDP viewer program or VMM's CDP Explorer tool on this file. If the file is corrupt, I'm sure those programs will let you know. VVMM's CDP Explorer is available from his website. PEV's tools are available from Shane's site.

You could try running PEV's CDP viewer program or VMM's CDP Explorer tool on this file. If the file is corrupt, I'm sure those programs will let you know. VVMM's CDP Explorer is available from his website. PEV's tools are available from Shane's site.

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.

EDIT: Just tried VMM's CDP Explorer program, really useful software by the way. Unfortunately, it can't extract the contents from the CDP I have been having problems with. I tested it against other CDP's I know for a fact are error-free and it handles those fine, so I am pretty sure now that there must be something wrong with the CDP file itself.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump my thread, but I looked into it a bit more and found this: Using the CDP Explorer, I was able to extract the NW 100 ton hopper, and the skins. However, it seems that the NW 85 ton hopper, which is in the same package, is corrupted. It does export from the CDP Explorer, but with this error message: "Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds". And when I try to import it into Content Manager, I get "Unable to Open CDP File for reading".

So, in short, I can install one of the hoppers, but not the other.

I would like to, but from my understanding the JR Support Ticket is only valid for payware products, which is why I had chosen to open a thread in their forums.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, and the guys at JR as well. Everything works fine now, reinstalled without problems. Also, pass my thanks to Adam as well. :wave:

Back