AMTZ: Forum server problems

PerRock

Moderator - Read the CoC!
I have been aware that we are experiencing some server connection difficulties when trying to access our forums. I have made our host aware of the problem & they are looking into it.

The main www.americantrainz.com website is working.

peter

Update: Heard back from our host.
The cause of the outage is a storage hardware issue. No data loss is expected, all realtime backups are accounted for. We'll continue to post more details as they become available.

Last edited:
The downloads for me are broken and when I click on the links its just a giant wall of gibberish.

Temporarily closed Firefox, opened Edge, and they work.

Could you look into that too?

The downloads for me are broken and when I click on the links its just a giant wall of gibberish.

There's a workaround for that issue browser wise - simply right-click the link in question and use Save As then save as a CDP file or whatever format it's meant to be (while you're waiting for the fix at the other end)

Shane

Nothing I can do about that. It's how your Firefox is handling cdp files. Essentially it's trying to open them, rather than save them.

peter

Back