How To Move Driver To Other End On Intercity 125

craigd81

HI,

I'm just wondering in driver in Trainz 2006 how do you move the driver automatically to use the other end of the intercity 125 when returning from an outward journey without having to actually move him manually myself at the end of each journey.

I mean if I send a train from a to b with an intercity 125 with 2 43's on it at each end how do you get the driver to move to the other end when returning from the journey without him reversing all the way back then overrunning platforms because he is driving the train from the wrong end.

Anyway hope you know what I mean and can help me do it.

Thanks in advance

hanks for your reply but I mean if I have a consist on a scheduled run. How do you get the driver to use the other end on the return run back?

Have you tried using the Change Train Direction command. It works fine with both three car 117's and 158's units running shuttle services. With interactive passengers the sort of thing I'm using is;- Drive to Station B; Unload; Wait Until Minutes xx; Change Train Direction; Load; Drive to Station A; etc. Sometime the driver doesn't appear at the front of the train until it starts to move. Peter

hanks for your reply but I mean if I have a consist on a scheduled run. How do you get the driver to use the other end on the return run back?

As Lewiscc65 suggested, the Move to Train driver command should do what you are looking for. Each end of the HST has a different loco designation, e.g. BR HST 125 1 & BR HST 125 2 (not sure if the naming is correct as I'm not in TANE at the moment). So if your driver is in cab 1 on arrival, insert a Move to Train BR HST 125 2 command before continuing with your schedule. I know that for the HSTs, simply reversing train direction does not re-position the driver automatically.

EDIT: Move to Train won't work for an HST. You need to use Move to Loco instead. However, there is good and bad news on this front. The good news is that it will work perfectly for the first end swap. The bad news is that on subsequent changeovers, the virtual driver and his/her associated commands get moved to the other end; however, the driver avitar seems to disappear completely and does not re-appear when the train starts to move, from what I can see. If, as I am guessing, you are running a schedule of repeated return journeys, you'd need to decide whether it's better to have the driver showing at the wrong end for half of them, or to have no visible driver character at all.

For info, I tried the Change Train Direction command, and it too worked for the first changeover, but had the same missing character issue thereafter. Perhaps the problem lies with the HST model itself since wilts747 has reported better behaviour with other train vehicles. Personally, I don't like using the CTD (no pun intended) since it can lead to other issues. For example, if you follow it with a Wait for... command, the driver will wait forever. But you can work around those if you know what to expect.

Further edit: I tried Run Around Ex also, with the same outcome (driver appears on first changeover but not thereafter), so more evidence perhaps for an issue with the HST.

Last edited:
Back