Penrhyn Quarry Railway ceased operations

clam1952

Welsh Narrow Gauge nut.
For UK narrow Gauge enthusiasts.
The Penrhyn Quarry Railway has ceased operations, all a bit vague but it seems they have been booted off the site, there is an announcement on Facebook that isn't exactly very informative.

Dear all.
Thank you for your patience for this statement.
It is true that the Penrhyn team are moving from felin Fawr, the railway is not being evicted.
Over the past few weeks it has become clear that the railway could not continue at Felin Fawr due to circumstances beyond our control.
We will be issuing a further statement once all of our supporters have been contacted and informed of what is going on.
We would like to thank all the railways and individuals who have helped us and are continuing to do so.
We are currently following a few leads for the future.
More to come next week.
Many thanks to all who have supported us

However the main Website is saying.

[h=3]Please note that the Penrhyn Quarry Railway will no longer be running trains for the foreseeable future due to unforeseen circumstances. We thank everyone for their support and custom at the railway.[/h]
http://www.penrhynrail.co.uk/

Assets are being moved to various other railways, so it doesn't look good. :(

This is very sad. I had high hopes that much of the former line would be rebuilt.

However;
It is true that the Penrhyn team are moving from felin Fawr, the railway is not being evicted.
Over the past few weeks it has become clear that the railway could not continue at Felin Fawr
This seems very contradictory. I have seen on a few connected sites that the closure is something to do with a number of break-ins on the site.

The owner of the buildings or someone who claimed to be, posted on Facebook it was due to financial issues, just to add to the confusion, as of yet there has been no information for the supporters. All very strange.
Jubilee which they have just taken delivery of and had taken to bits prior to restoring to working order, has gone in bits to the VOR.

I very much fear the doubters are being proved correct.:(

Back