Screenshot of The Week: July 23 to July 30 2017 (Highways)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Along the same theme we had two weeks ago; once upon a time, rail was king - the end-all solution to long distance transportation. Today, much of this has been eroded by land and air. Regardless, their co-dependence is more important than ever as transport systems seek to become even more efficient. This week's theme is Highways. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on July 31 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Railroad won't move? No problem! Just go right over them!

1dda6dfa29705c7bf713f587ab7b168e.jpg

In the Medieval district of the sleepy German village of Allerdorf, cars are banned. (But they are allowed in the 'new' town.)
The old highways wend there way through the village whilst the narrow gauge railway station (left rear) prepares for the morning tourist influx.
The line cuts through the village from the station and crosses the highways and waterway and then passes through the castle grounds before crossing the farmlands to get to the lake.

Streets-of-Allerdorf.jpg

Toll Highway 45 promises to cut travel times for truckers heading to Port Isabel by more than half; bypassing the majority of the Rio Grande Valley and having an 85 MPH speed limit for its entire length. Welcome to Texas y'all!

rvsc1744-20170730-0001_orig.jpg

side-note: the route is fictional. I know TX 45 is actually up in Austin.

A TGR X Class loco with a short consist crosses the Midlands Highway while departing Conara Junction for St Marys, Tasmania, 1955. In rural Tasmania (indeed anywhere in Tasmania in the 1950s) a highway was a strip of tar with a white dashed line running down the middle - if you were lucky! Boom gates and flashing lights at crossings were unnecessary luxury items found only in the mainland states. The only concessions to safety here are a few road warning signs and a lever operated signal for arriving trains only.

A-TGR-X-Class-loco-with-a-short-consist-crosses-the-Midland-Highway-at-Conara-Junction-heading-up-the-Fingal-Line-to-St-Marys%2C-1955.jpg

Vehicles and trains must yield to the approaching container ship. Those are the rules of the road. Shortly. the highway bridge will swing open.

8f377455d3780d3e9f75c14bd7283585.png

Last edited:
Apologies to all for the missed week, was hospitalized due to an accident but all is well now.

There are 11 entries so please vote for 1, voting ends Sunday, August 13.

I guess next week's topic will be Hospitals?

Onestone (plus an honourable mention to whoever created the lovely road asset used in that screenie).

Last edited:
Great idea Deane.:hehe: Most of the time when there's no suggestions I get inspiration from whatever's going on in my life anyway.

Back