Modified Brazemore Yard: Good News Bad News..............

Railhead001

Hello,

First I am posting this in the General Trainz thread since SP2 for Tane is now available and the Trainz Model Railroad forum as well...

As some of you might know by my thread in the Model Railroad Trainz section, I have been modifying the Brazemore Yard Layout and in fact have 3 versions completed or near completion. I am going to be releasing version 1 shortly (BNSF signage) which is good news. The bad news is as some of you are also aware of, a short time ago my hard drive failed. Luckily my route work was salvageable. Unfortunately though, all my bookmarks were corrupted and I did have one hec of a collection for Trainz. So with that being said I would ask that some kind volunteers will be able to assist the community in tracking down custom kuids since I no longer have access to the sites that they came from. I will also attempt to set a dropbox with some of them for easier access if the need arises.

The 1st version was a true learning experience for me and extremely enjoyable even within the limitations of "modifying" a "Payware" route. I hope others can enjoy it as much as I did in creating it which is why the time has come to release it. I intend to release the CSX version which has some changed scenery and details but is basically the same as the BNSF. The last version when I am finished is very different then the previous as I developed it more for passenger service, hence the Amtrak Yard. This version has a city theme which you can see videos and pix of in the Trainz model Railroad forum. I am currently completing that as well as putting finishing touches on my next project for the Pioneer & Freedom route by WCRULEZ who gave me his blessing to do so. I see some great possibilities for this layout in different versions which I am sure will please a lot of people.

The current moddded version is for a modern coal hauler (CSX/NS) in the rural Northeast. Maybe for 1980's on up. The design of the layout is what I had been searching for and will be very versatile to different themes.....you can see some vids and pix in the same thread as my Brazemore Yard. The pioneer was my first attempt at changing actual scenery vs. just buildings as in the Brazemore Yard layouts. You will see some rocky/mountainous areas and working ATLS crossing signals along with Yarnish traffic lights. This route is perfect for long 30-40 unit trains of coal, cement or even grain.

Again I hope anyone who decides to download my modded Brazemore will also be able to assist others in finding the kuids they may need.

Thank you to all of the people who helped make my versions of the Brazemore yard possible.....and sites such as Jointedrail and RR Mods

Last edited:
Hello,

As some of you might know by my thread in the Model Railroad Trainz section, I have been modifying the Brazemore Yard Layout and in fact have 3 versions completed or near completion. I am going to be releasing version 1 shortly (BNSF signage) which is good news. The bad news is as some of you are also aware of, a short time ago my hard drive failed. Luckily my route work was salvageable. Unfortunately though, all my bookmarks were corrupted and I did have one hec of a collection for Trainz. So with that being said I would ask that some kind volunteers will be able to assist the community in tracking down custom kuids since I no longer have access to the sites that they came from. I will also attempt to set a dropbox with some of them for easier access if the need arises.

The 1st version was a true learning experience for me and extremely enjoyable even within the limitations of "modifying" a "Payware" route. I hope others can enjoy it as much as I did in creating it which is why the time has come to release it. I intend to release the CSX version which has some changed scenery and details but is basically the same as the BNSF. The last version when I am finished is very different then the previous as I developed it more for passenger service, hence the Amtrak Yard. This version has a city theme which you can see videos and pix of in the Trainz model Railroad forum. I am currently completing that as well as putting finishing touches on my next project for the Pioneer & Freedom route by WCRULEZ who gave me his blessing to do so. I see some great possibilities for this layout in different versions which I am sure will please a lot of people.

The current moddded version is for a modern coal hauler (CSX/NS) in the rural Northeast. Maybe for 1980's on up. The design of the layout is what I had been searching for and will be very versatile to different themes.....you can see some vids and pix in the same thread as my Brazemore Yard. The pioneer was my first attempt at changing actual scenery vs. just buildings as in the Brazemore Yard layouts. You will see some rocky/mountainous areas and working ATLS crossing signals along with Yarnish traffic lights. This route is perfect for long 30-40 unit trains of coal, cement or even grain.

Again I hope anyone who decides to download my modded Brazemore will also be able to assist others in finding the kuids they may need.

Thank you to all of the people who helped make my versions of the Brazemore yard possible.....and sites such as Jointedrail and RR Mods

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. That's why I can't stress enough the importance of a full data backup. At the least, do a data copy weekly to an external hard disk such as the Seagate or Western Digital external disks. They cost about $130 for a 4TB disk. I can go into details on software and that later for backups.

Anyway, back to your request.

What you need to do is go through the routes and get a list of missing dependencies.

Post the list here and someone can help you. Remember the best tool for you is the Trainz Kuid Index at this point.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's why I can't stress enough the importance of a full data backup. At the least, do a data copy weekly to an external hard disk such as the Seagate or Western Digital external disks. They cost about $130 for a 4TB disk. I can go into details on software and that later for backups.

Anyway, back to your request.

What you need to do is go through the routes and get a list of missing dependencies.

Post the list here and someone can help you. Remember the best tool for you is the Trainz Kuid Index at this point.

I think you may have misunderstood, I have the routes but for some of the kuids that the community will need, I no longer know where some of those kuids came from since my bookmarks were corrupted, but the layouts are in A OK shape at least...and I have backups in place. Just it would have been easier to direct people to the kuid source then having to track them down............

I think you may have misunderstood, I have the routes but for some of the kuids that the community will need, I no longer know where some of those kuids came from since my bookmarks were corrupted, but the layouts are in A OK shape at least...and I have backups in place. Just it would have been easier to direct people to the kuid source then having to track them down............

Okay.

Still post your dependencies. Most people should be able to find them.

I guess I misunderstood and I'm glad you have backups in place. The way I read it, you were asking for help, which 99.999999% of users do. :)

I learned a very, very long time ago to back up diligently. Me, the IT guy responsible for backing up servers and VAXs for more than a decade, didn't backup my own stuff then there was a hard crash - a flash and a bang from a short on the "wrong" side of the power supply which took out my boot drive, and everything else. Later on I found it also ate my data drive when I tried to copy stuff off of it. During the copy, which was really, really slow, I left it to run overnight to another computer. When I got up the next day, the system had BSO'D and there was no data on the drive. Gone, fried, dead, bricked basically.

I lost documents, school work because I was in college at the time fulltime, important stuff, Trainz data, etc. My trains routes and my user data for early TRS2010 was still intact because I always keep that on yet another drive, but downloads were hosed and backup in between versions which are so important as you know. From that point on, I can't reiterate enough when this happens. As it turned out, my routes were partially corrupted, but I was able to salvage what I had and continue, but the routes I had active at the time are not the same now. There were some things, which when rebuilt, are sometimes good and sometimes bad. Not all the changes were good in this case.

:wave: Good Sat Morning,

Got in later last night from Mexico, ate some dinner and fell asleep,

Now at 1:40AM in Sunday Morning, I'm reading your Good/Bad News, sorry to hear about the Crash.......I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

;) Better Days ahead I hope for you............

Just a tip if you have win10 1703 you can now backup your book marks. I know this does not help for what already happened but will help if a future disaster occurs.
I do this every few weeks so as to keep a fairly up to date BM collection. But of course you can do it based on your needs every day, every month, whatever.

To backup BM
Click the 3 dots upper right
click settings
click import, etc.
click export to a file

Just a tip if you have win10 1703 you can now backup your book marks. I know this does not help for what already happened but will help if a future disaster occurs.
I do this every few weeks so as to keep a fairly up to date BM collection. But of course you can do it based on your needs every day, every month, whatever.

To backup BM
Click the 3 dots upper right
click settings
click import, etc.
click export to a file

Thanks, I need to get some first now...lol

Back