RailRoad Crossing gone missing, maby.

Jayco-man

:confused: I just installed a atls crossing in Surveyor, but in layer sessions. Got out to test in Sessions and it work just fine. Went back to Surveyor and it is gone even if I change to layer sessions, but if I go back to sessions its still there and works. It seems to be sessions, and driver, but when you go back to surveyor its not there. Is this the way its suppose to work, just seems strange not to see it in surveyors when I know I put it in. Thanks. Hope I explained it well enough.:confused:

Just a shot here, But in surveyer, be sure ALL eyes are open on the layers tab. Any closed will hide the assets tied to it.

There's a bit of confusion here, I think. Whether you are editing a Route, or editing a Session, you are still using Surveyor. If you edit a Route, the only session created is 'Default' which can be used for QuickDrive, unless you specifically save a named session along with the route.

If you edit a named session (e.g. 'My Session') and add your crossing to its Session layer, then it will only be visible, in Surveyor, by editing that session.
If you edit the Route, and add a crossing to the Session layer, then you would need subsequently to edit the 'Default' session, in order to see it. If you want the crossing to be visible for all sessions, you should add it to the Route layer and overwrite the route when prompted, during the Save activity.

Hope that helps, rather than confuses further:confused:.

When you say in Surveyor do mean edit route or edit session? You should always put none moveable assets in edit route, not in sessions. It's one of those things discussed many times before. If you want to put it in a certain layer under edit route that's usually not a problem?
Dean

The layer session is not the route session. It should have been given a different name to stop confusion. Driver session = saved from in driver mode and only available to continue to drive the route from where you finished driving. Layer session = a layer you can place assets on that can be handled without effecting the route. Each new layer can be changed without other layers being effected by locking other layers. Session = the saved information like layers, driver commands, industry names and settings. If you edit route that information will not get loaded and you end up with only what you had on the route layer. Edit session and you get all the information loaded.

The layer session is not the route session. It should have been given a different name to stop confusion. Driver session = saved from in driver mode and only available to continue to drive the route from where you finished driving. Layer session = a layer you can place assets on that can be handled without effecting the route. Each new layer can be changed without other layers being effected by locking other layers. Session = the saved information like layers, driver commands, industry names and settings. If you edit route that information will not get loaded and you end up with only what you had on the route layer. Edit session and you get all the information loaded.

+1 Bingo!

This needs a bit of attention and I'll bring this up in the Trainz Dev.

I'll link back here to this post since this user, like many, many others, gets confused by the terminology, and this has gone beyond being an annoyance to one of frustration.

Whatever happened to KISS?

I was editing a route, but when I installed it I change it to layer sessions, so when I do something like this should I go to a sessions and install them there? It is a little confusing. So should I delete it and go into a sessions and reinstall? Thanks.

When you open trainz and are on the select route page click the little arrow to the right of the route name or click view sessions. A list of sessions will appear and it is these that store the layer session information. If you have stored information on layer session always open your route via edit session in order to restore that information. Even if you merge all layer sessions into the route layer some information will remain in the session.

Last edited:
Back