My Retirement Anouncement

So we might not be able to share the models?
Sean

Oh you can share the models but so far as I know you can not share the dependencies by lilb, joram24, and Adamvic. There might be suitable substitutes for some of these, like joram24's 33" tender bogies or Adamvic's coronas but the TTT bogies by lilb are pretty specific as are some of his other assets. ANL may have distribution rights to all these that he can pass along, he would have to address that.

what about the late challenger and bigboy in the first photo are you not releasing those

What part of

There are things that I have made for Trainz that only a few people know about and I'll post a screenshot or 2 and you might see something that you never knew before that I made. However they will remain in my personal collection. So please don't go on bugging me asking for them If you see them. The answer will be NO. But for now enjoy what is out there. ANL

do you not understand? ;)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind words. As Scotty said to Jim in Generations "it brought tear to me eye". ;) I have received quite a few PM for hosting and I'm looking into them. As for now you can share Via PM or Email. I would prefer it not go on the DLS for now. If someone taps you for them then you can share it.
As I said I'm not leaving the forum. I'm just not making any more new content for release. ANL
fa9f6d92ce481d91b8e79e4c5bc62638.jpg

ANL, you have made amazing content, and it seems you made a couple others while you absent (Not really speaking on the Forums), and I really wish you were going to release them, but I understand the answer will be NO. Have a fun time enjoying Trainz without having to work on any models. I myself have most of your content and I am thinking about packaging them up and letting people PM me for them, but getting back on topic, I am just putting this out there, I hope you find it in your heart that you will be missed and I hope you find it in your heart to come back but I respect your choice and best of luck to you.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out a way to say bye without it sounding generic and repetitive, but honestly the only words I can think of are:

Thank You.

As someone that has been following your work since you first started the CSA early challengers and TTT locomotives, even from the days when you kept people updated on the old steamtrainz.com forums, I salute you sir. Your contributions will ever go down in Trainz history and your name will be synomous with quality content. I have all your steamers and regret not downloading your turbines when I had the chance, however it looks like I might be able to finally complete my collection. Making content is hard, and I want to also apologize for any problems this community may have caused for you or anything that happened that might have contributed to your leaving. Enjoy your retirement, keep making gimme pigs jealous with your beautiful screenshots, and just have fun.

Hopefully that wasn't too cheesy. :p

Thank you for the providing great content for us, anl. Since we first saw it they were amazing, but anyways, I wish you a good retirement.

Last edited:
I know when my father retired, suddenly he became more busy than ever. Mostly, regular everyday life things with the kids and grandkids. Now, he doesn't know how he had time to do the things was doing while working.

Sorry to bump this thread. But is there anyone who can send me some of ANL's content please?? I created a thread regarding this topic but it disappeared for some weird reason.

I'm also sorry for sounding kinda stupid, but this is my first time I've been exposed to something this strange or even tempting in this forum. So I don't know what to expect.

Thanks,
William

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this thread. But is there anyone who can send me some of ANL's content please?? I created a thread regarding this topic but it disappeared for some weird reason.

I'm also sorry for sounding kinda stupid, but this is my first time I've been exposed to something this strange or even tempting in this forum. So I don't know what to expect.

Thanks,
William

Hi William, I could send you ANL's steam locomotives but you would be better off waiting for him to pick a website and get them from there. That way everyone knows they have the same version and if you get into multi-player you'll need that.

Not exactly sure why your thread was deleted since ANL said he was OK with sharing but most of the time public requests for off line sharing are frowned upon. And ANL was dead set against sharing up until this thread and the Admin's probably didn't realize his change of policy.

Last edited:
Yes you may have a constructive point there.

Occasionally I have had health problems and indeed I some time ago retired early. Had wee breaks from time to time re Trainz but never permanently and worked on two different projects which were good in keeping the grey cells active to say the least! Said a long time back that i was glad I discovered Train (TRS6 it was back then) and realised that even a non-techy like me could be aiming for something positive that would be not the case in any other sim. My two projects have been big in their own corners and based on real life systems. One has some passing things to tidy and the other still being extended and when I have the occasional off times I have that to look forward to. We might of course hve the NHS here in Gt britain but trainz has een a handy extra!
:Y:

Sorry to see you finish content creating, it's understandable, i didn't get a chance to download any of your content as i came late into the Trainz picture, i would've loved to have a go at your FEF locomotives.

I have looked on the Jointed Rail website and ANLs awesome looking content is not there, so where may I be able to obtain these locomotives (preferably the turbine locos)

Thanks

What next -- how to share?

OK -- I've poked around in my HDD, found the FEFs and installed them into T:ANE. They work perfectly and they are absolutely awesome. AWESOME!~! Up there with the best. I have all seven locomotives plus tenders (is that the full compliment?).

So what should I do next? I'm thinking of making just a very basic layout, a couple of parallel tracks perhaps. I'll put all the locomotives on the track and call the layout something like "UP FEF locomotives" and upload it to the DLS. In the description of the route I'll provide a link to my Dropbox folder where the locomotives can be downloaded. That way it should be relatively easy to find the locomotives -- just do a search of the DLS with "FEF".

I've checked the license conditions applicable to the dependencies not on the DLS and not by anl (the coronas, ... ) and there does not seem to be anything that would prevent sharing this way.

It will be a couple of days before I can do this. In the meantime, does anybody have a better idea?

Phil

Last edited:
EDIT update; JohnWhelan is hosting these files on his server, see here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Retirement-Anouncement&p=1614352#post1614352

If you PM me your email I will email you links to all the ANL steam locomotives I have. 5 files total 314MB.

3 x UPRR TTT-6
6 x UPRR FEF-2
7 x UPRR FEF-3
2 x UPRR CSA-1
2 x UPRR CSA-2

I will take my own time about this as, oddly, I have a life.

BTW for those who don't know,

TrainzItalia has 10 x UPRR CSA-3 and 2 x UPRR FEF-3 Locomotives free but you have to register on their site. http://www.trainzitalia.com/forum/index.php?/forum/31-trainzitalia-international-forum/

Paulztrainz offers 3 x CSA-3 locomotives for $18 US (good for filling out the gaps in TrainzItalia's collection) and PaulzTrainz will give you the choices of railroad, numbers, paint scheme, and extras such as alternative tenders, blinkers, MARS lights, and ditch lights, and with optional weathering.

http://www.paulztrainz.myenet.info/inside/N_Challenger.htm

Last edited:
Back