My Retirement Anouncement

anl

Done with making content
As some people have PM'ed me and have noticed that I NO LONGER make content for Trainz. Advances in mapping, rendering, scripting, and modeling have gone so far that I can't keep up with it, and have many more important things than Trainz. So in retiring I have an announcement to make. As of this post I make open the sharing of the following list old content that was once released and was closed. HOWEVER you share it at your own risk!!!! I nor Jointed Rail or RRMODS will offer support for my content, nor will be liable for what happens. If some 3rd party web site wants to host it they my contact me PM via email, and I will confirm the release in a post. They will then take the full risk of the content. The sharing will also include reskins that you have made.
The list:
Union Pacific CSA 4-6-6-4 Challengers
Union Pacific TTT 2-10-2
Union Pacific 4500hp Carbody Gas turbines
Union Pacific 4500hp Veranda Gas Turbines
Union Pacific 80 Coal burning gas turbine both versions
Alco FA's in NH, GN, SP&S, Mopac, PRR, and NYC
Alco PA's in NH, UP, SP daylight, SP blood nose, and ATSF
The best for last:
UNION PACIFIC FEF-2 4-8-4 ALL VERSIONS
UNION PACIFIC FEF-3 4-8-4 ALL VERSIONS
I will still hang around here and marvel at what you guys make or provide details. There are things that I have made for Trainz that only a few people know about and I'll post a screenshot or 2 and you might see something that you never knew before that I made. However they will remain in my personal collection. So please don't go on bugging me asking for them If you see them. The answer will be NO. But for now enjoy what is out there. ANL
858cf615e5258cb0ae62f6c852e3135a.jpg

Thanks for all you've given Trainz since I first bought a copy back in 2004. I totally understand the frustration associated with the advancement of technology and software. Unless a whole new crop of creators (who want to work tireless hours for FREE for N3V) I think Trainz has a very limited life span remaining.

Thank you sir for sharing your hard work and effort over the years, may you enjoy your retirement, and we hope no one will pester you (we can only hope)... I am sure your hard work will not go unnoticed, and I am also sure many generations of Trainz user will appreciate your efforts in the future, like Leonardo Da Vinci. Thank You!!!

Damn -- sorry to see you leave. You have given us some absolutely outstanding content.

Can I seek one clarification. I have updated some of your locomotives to work in T:ANE. Can I upload these to the Download Station? To do this I will have to use my kuid but I will, of course, give you all credit as the original author.

Thanks again for all your efforts and your willingness to share it with us,
Phil

n8phu Fair Winds and following seas sir.......

I couldn't say it better , Thank You, all so much for the years of fantastic content . It has brought me enjoyment over the years . And enjoy your retirement :)

Matthew

A big "many thanks" for all the great content you have given to the community over the years. Fishing a great hobby to take up in retirement.

All the very best...

Cheers, Mac...

A big thank you for all the content you provide and worked on over the years ANL. I wish you the best of luck with your retirement and hope it will be a good one. Take care ANL.

Thank you for all the content you've made. Like everyone else here, I wish you have an enjoyable retirement.

ANL, I think we can all agree that you have made some amazing content for us over the years, and for that we thank you. But for some of us, you have also been an amazing role model, someone that we can aspire to be like, wether that be in demeanor or in modeling capability. So thank you so much ANL, for everything. It means the world to us that you took your free time to make some amazing locomotives, and then give them to us for no charge and we are going to miss you. Not just as a creator, but as a person.

regards,
-Ben

Every time I drive one of those awesome UP turbines you made, with the sound turned right up of course!, I remember that someone took the time to build it. Thanks. Enjoy real life sir. o7

My suggestion is that you go the Landrver approach, and allow all the great assets, that you previously made available on other sites (and took down the links), be legally able to be sent by EMail or PM by anyone, so that everybody that has them can freely share them back and forth

My suggestion is that you go the Landrver approach, and allow all the great assets, that you previously made available on other sites (and took down the links), be legally able to be sent by EMail or PM by anyone, so that everybody that has them can freely share them back and forth
You have A good point with the sent by pm/email thing
Sean

Personally I can not fathom the retirement, as there is a 97 y/o guy working for American airlines, that started at age 19, who refuses to retire, as then it would be a day to day retirement of watching TV ... I will be at Trainz until I go blind, or am bedridden ... Pry the Trainz keyboard from my cold dead hands, if you dare

Everybody loves anl

You can check out anytime you want ... but you can never leave ... you are Borg ... We are one ... You will be assimilated !

Live long and prosper ANL!

A note of caution about sharing ANL's locomotives. I was all ready to package these up and stick them on a Google share drive for anyone who asked (and there have been dozens of requests over the years), but...

Every one of his locomotives that I have has dependencies that are not on the DLS. While most have hoborailcat whistles that are available on his site they also have steam effects and bogies by lilb that may or may not be available, some have other bogies that may or may not be available. I am going to attempt to track these dependencies down but if they are not available I can't see sharing the locomotives since we don't have lilb's permission or any of the others so far as I know.

Edit: As I feared none of the dependencies from lilb, joram24, or Adamovic are available so far as I can tell.

Last edited:
thanks for not just nice steam engines you have made for all of us to enjoy but your friendship, we are going to miss you ANL, enjoy your retirement.

Live long and prosper ANL!

A note of caution about sharing ANL's locomotives. I was all ready to package these up and stick them on a Google share drive for anyone who asked (and there have been dozens of requests over the years), but...

Every one of his locomotives that I have has dependencies that are not on the DLS. While most have hoborailcat whistles that are available on his site they also have steam effects and bogies by lilb that may or may not be available, some have other bogies that may or may not be available. I am going to attempt to track these dependencies down but if they are not available I can't see sharing the locomotives since we don't have lilb's permission or any of the others so far as I know.

Edit: As I feared none of the dependencies from lilb, joram24, or Adamovic are available so far as I can tell.
So we might not be able to share the models?
Sean

Back