Help Finding what Speedtrees I should use on a Route I'm Building

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I'm building a Model Railroadz based on Model Railroader's 2000 project layout: The Appalachian Southern, an N scale model railroad set in the present day. Obviously from the name it's set in the southern Appalachian Mountains. I've got everything done except for one thing: foliage. I need help figuring out what Speedtrees I should use to finish it off. I will go ahead and state that I have no idea how to set up sessions in T:ANE, specifically the use of the various symbols introduced in T:ANE, such as the couple/uncouple symbols, so don't be expecting sessions with it. It'll also require T:ANE SP2. Anyway, back on topic: I'm looking at specifically the trees found in western Virginia. Given the area I'm modeling, what Speedtrees I should use?

Try Common Trees of Virginia. Also check out the Virginia Department of Forestry with maps in the pdf of where the tree species dominate.

Last edited:
I'm building a Model Railroadz based on Model Railroader's 2000 project layout: The Appalachian Southern, an N scale model railroad set in the present day. Obviously from the name it's set in the southern Appalachian Mountains. I've got everything done except for one thing: foliage. I need help figuring out what Speedtrees I should use to finish it off. I will go ahead and state that I have no idea how to set up sessions in T:ANE, specifically the use of the various symbols introduced in T:ANE, such as the couple/uncouple symbols, so don't be expecting sessions with it. It'll also require T:ANE SP2. Anyway, back on topic: I'm looking at specifically the trees found in western Virginia. Given the area I'm modeling, what Speedtrees I should use?
Jordon, don't give up on creating sessions, they are a great test of your creativity. I found a good way to learn is by opening a session that has the various commands you are talking about and going into the edit session tab and you will be able to work out what the various rules are doing. You need to run the session a couple of times so you can understand what the various rules and triggers are doing. It takes a bit of trial and error on your behalf, but I am sure you will pick up the ideas fairly quickly.
Regards
Bob

Back