Railroad crossing question

Railhead001

Could some one tell me how to install USA railroad grade crossing signals. I only want them for when trains approach since my road traffic will be static. I have only found videos on ones with moving traffic.
Thanks for any help.

RH001

If you are using static assets on the roads you set up in the same way. The only thing not needed would be the traffic stopper. But that would not effect the operation if no traffic was running even if installed.

You could use the ATLS system. It's like a radio controller that connects triggers, signals, traffic stoppers and crossing signals together to create almost any type of crossing you can think of. It's tricky to understand it at first, but once you get it, you will be very happy with it.

To start place an Object called ATLS CONTROLLER, it's a built in object. Then use the question mark to open it's properties to see the instructions. Press plus for the radio frequency and choose what frequency this crossing will have for all it's objects, then for Routes, press minus until you get to -1, that is LEVEL CROSSING MODE.

Read the instructions, and follow the links, just remember you only pay attention to the level crossing mode which some of the instruction / tutorials may not apply.

I would then download some BNSF50 crossing signals as they work very well with the system. Also search this forum for ATLS Help or Tutorial, etc.. there is a lot of help available.... Good Luck

Thanks for the info...but just to be clear, it is possible for the crossing grade arms to raise and lower without any moving traffic, just the trains themselves ?

Thanks again

Yep, ATLS system will do exactly that. The beauty of ATLS is that you can run a road across the rails at any angle and unlike most fixed crossings there is no bump when the train hits the crossing.
cheers

Ok I managed to get the ATLS installed using the RR Crossing 12x20m ST LA grade crossing and the gates go down but will not come back up ???? Any ideas how to get them to raise after the train has left ?????

Update: Figured it out, everything works like a charm now !!!

Last edited:
Back