JR rolling stock freeware now installed payware in TANE

poolboy

hi JR the following rolling stock are installed payware items in TANE, which are actually freeware from JR. the point im trying make is if it is freeware it should remain freeware NV3 games should not be adding installed payware tags

can these assets be updated ? iwould like ad the jr eot device

<kuid2:45324:300200:1> CNWX Cylindrical Hopper installed payware

Cylindrical Hopper 10 Pack #1
<kuid:175455:100374> ACFX (dirty) Cylindrical Hopper installed payware
<kuid:175455:100379> GBCX Cylindrical Hopper installed payware
<kuid:175455:100384> MWGX (dirty) Cylindrical Hopper installed payware
<kuid:175455:100386> HB Cylindrical Hopper installed payware

Mega Tankcar Pack #1
<kuid:175455:1605> TSCX 20800 gal tank car installed payware

yeah N3V should be in trouble because they are selling JR freeware as payware example is the C30-7s on JR the CSX C30-7 stealth is freeware but on N3V they are selling it for $11.99

It probably depends on what agreement N3V and JR have if any on that front particularly when it comes to DLC.

Shane

EDIT: If you haven't already jakethedog21, I'd suggest registering your Trainz serials onto your MyTrainz profile as it's not showing that you have any next to your username.

Last edited:
Hi poolboy,

I know I'm neither from JR, nor am I from N3V, but I have some of these items that I am certain I haven't downloaded from JR. Which means I may have gotten them in Legend of the Burlington Northern II, or another payware item from them that has been released via N3V. If this is the case, then that would explain why the freeware is showing up as "Installed, Payware"

Just a random thought on the subject, and now, back to normal broadcasting...

*static plays*

Goddamnit, they turned off Analogue signals!!

Gosh guys, I think we're making mountains out of mole hills here. The payware stuff on the itrainz store thats also freeware are for trainz12 assets, old news. I'm willing to bet that JR charged for those older locomotives years ago, and probably sold a "batch" of their models to N3V to sell on the itrainz store. At some point, JR decided they were ready to make those items free, and *for now* N3V feels they aren't quite ready to do that just yet. But that changes depending on whether N3V has a route that they can incorporate that equipment into, such as the built-in stuff you've found so far.

Its worth remembering, also, that only a small percentage of the items you're referring to are in fact listed as free. Most of that stuff is still listed as payware on JR's site too. So at the end of the day, the assets we're talking about aren't numerous nor are they probably purchased on a regular basis, so the imperative to get all of this to some level of professional marketable satisfaction just isn't there, because its valuable time wasted on the seemingly insignificant, rather than time spent on new models, skins, objects, textures, and routes.

So I think we can all rest easy with the knowledge that all of this is far more benign than our average politician has trained us to believe. :D

The c30-7's, the ATSF one comes with KSC, the BN one comes with LBN2. Your hoppers came with the C&O route, red/white/green/blue/black right? I checked em out last night, and yeah you're right they don't seem to have the JR EoT script with them.

If you'd like your modified rolling stock instead of the new built-ins, I'm pretty sure that all you have to do is re-install the rolling stock pack. That should at least attempt an overwrite, followed by a prompt that the item is already installed, finished with a slight mentioned of skipping the commit process, thus leaving you with a nice modified piece of rolling stock, hopefully overwritten and now with the script you mentioned. Give it a shot and see if it gets you closer to where you want to be.

TL;DR - Its not a big deal. Overwrite them using the original rolling stock pack to break them, making them modified or open for edit.

Last edited:
To clarify, the DLC processing system will mark any non Download Station asset as 'payware'. This is to ensure that all payware assets are marked as payware correctly. It does not prevent freeware assets from still being sourced from their original source (i.e. the JointedRail website).

There are some locomotives that JR have since 'retired' and made freeware. At this stage, they are still sold via the N3V site, this is up to both JR and N3V. It should be noted that if distributed via the DLC system, the version from N3V would be multiplayer compatible.

Regards
Zec

Back