Car Horns

Please, someone tell me how to turn off the car horns on a payware map, Thank you

There's only three ways.

1. Open each vehicle in the region and either delete the horn.wav file (might not work and you might get an error)

2. or Replace it with a soundless .wav file

3. or Mute your PC speakers.

They are exceedingly annoying, I know. I went in on my Right-Hand Drive region and eliminated all the horns on my vehicles.

Bless your heart Dave, thank you so much for replying quickly my headache is growing as we speak. Ha ha

I turn my speakers down low. I started the process of killing horns on vehicles, but that was a headache all in its self.

I deleted the HORN SOUNDS in the Content Manager. They seem to be common assets in most cases so killing one kills it in all routes.

Last edited:
ear-plugs-2-300x201.jpg

I deleted the HORN SOUNDS in the Content Manager. They seem to be common assets in most cases so killing one kills it in all routes.

Nope. Horn sounds in Content Manager are Locomotive horns. Traffic horns are wav files located in the asset folder. If you deleted all the horn sounds in Content Manager, your locomotives are going to show up with missing assets.

Quitting Trainz would fix the issue as well..

My route is set in a population of 5 million. Melbourne would look a bit silly without movement.

Yes! Routes without any traffic are "dead" routes in my opinion. Looks very unnatural. The same goes to routes that have traffic on the route but they are non-moving. Looks goofy.

As I've said before, N3V just needs deal with the traffic problems in Trainz. Maybe they need to hire someone to "fix" the traffic issues. Cars that merge (phase into) other vehicles, Stop on the tracks, wheels don't turn, etc. etc. --- it's all unrealistic. If Trainz and SCS's truck simulators could merge--- what a cool "world" that would be! SCS's trains look terrible and N3V's traffic looks bad, so...

As I've said before, N3V just needs deal with the traffic problems in Trainz. Maybe they need to hire someone to "fix" the traffic issues. Cars that merge (phase into) other vehicles, Stop on the tracks, wheels don't turn, etc. etc. --- it's all unrealistic.

Agree entirely. I'd love to be able to have the 'traffic' region actually dependent on roads, rather than the region you set. That way, you could use the '?' button to select a 'region', or traffic type, you'd like to see a specific road produce, otherwise it would be the default.

That means you'd be able to simulate trucks in industrial areas, normal cars and utes/pickups in Residential areas, and more taxis/cars in city areas

Jamie

Back