Screenshot of The Week: July 9 to July 16 2017 (Aviation)

My vote goes to Pencil42

(Thanks for the de Havillands!)

Just what the Flying Circus needed. :D

NOT competition entries!

Last edited:
I vote for stevelerro's submission -- nice portrayal of two kinds of speed and power, and really good rendering of multi-track mainline.

Voting is now closed, thank you all for participating.

4 euromodeller
4 pencil42
3 stevelerro
3 marcopolo86
2 roy3b3
2 daniel53e
1 normhart

Cheerio,
Nicholas

I waited till the votes to be totalled for this post so as to not tarnish the voting.
Do NOT read too much into this post as it is so I can get it off my mind and sleep again.

The Carrier shot drove me crazy for the following reasons:

1. Airforce cannot launch/recover from Navy Carriers. They lack the modified landing gear and tail hook to utilize these assets.

2. The rapid fire firing of aircraft is impossible because the catapults need time to be reset between each launch and next aircraft staged and hooked up.

3. Also, the launches are staggered so as to prevent any collisions after each aircraft takes flight in the event of a bad launch/emergency situation.

My source for the above comments is I served in the Navy on Carriers and know first hand that this is impossible. Now that this thought is expressed I feel at peace again.

@maruffijd,

I understand where you are coming from, I often bite my tongue and just ignore inacuracies.
You have to remember that in a virtual world, anything is possible :D

Thank you all for your votes, it's always handy when a screenshot competition coincides with what I am building on one of my layouts!

Graham,
Retired and Trainzing.

@maruffijd,

I understand where you are coming from, I often bite my tongue and just ignore inacuracies.
You have to remember that in a virtual world, anything is possible :D

Thank you all for your votes, it's always handy when a screenshot competition coincides with what I am building on one of my layouts!

Graham,
Retired and Trainzing.
I was only venting cause that image was stuck in my head. Kind of like when someone has to sing a song to get it out of the mind.

Back