Screenshot of The Week: July 9 to July 16 2017 (Aviation)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Once upon a time, rail was king - the end-all solution to long distance transportation. Today, much of this has been eroded by land and air. Regardless, their co-dependence is more important than ever as transport systems seek to become even more efficient. This week's theme is Aviation. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on July 16 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

My quick take on Grif Teller's 1931 painting: "Giant Conquerors of Space and Time" (see original here)

a51a755e87bca55d8d8e7822bb41a29b.jpg

A Lockheed Constellation comes over the Parachute Jump at the Amusement Park in preparation for a landing.

e9ef5934f6647e13cd4527cb5ec59706.jpg

Last edited:
The cooperation between air and rail - 478011 forms the rear 4 coaches of a Wendsey Airport Rail Link service carrying passengers from Wendsey Airport into Wendsey town centre:

A fleet of F-16J Thunderbirds take off from USS Carrier Nimitz in preparation for an air-show around Plymouth Harbour, UK.

0bc5e2bdfb603280cc0498ec704210d2.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

d6e67c1cab9fee4a597f1113a193b3a1.jpg

- Talk to me Goose
- Aren't we the ones supposed to make a loop ?
- No! We're the ones supposed to buzz the tower
- Ah! Good. Started getting worried....
- Then you die, I become a movie superstar, everybody forgets you, you'll never star in a movie again...

(Deleted scene from the movie Top Gun)

Last edited:
A vintage visitor causes a bit of interest for some locals.
The Airfield is on my Langen Inselbahn route, museum port in the background, narrow gauge railway station to the right of the airfield buildings.

A-vintage-visitor-to-the-airfield-on-Langen-Insel-causes-a-bit-of-interest-for-the-locals.jpg

Last edited:
Submissions are now closed. There are 9 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until July 23, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Last edited:
A pity that we can only have one vote.There are so many excellent entries this week.
I'll go with euromodeller.

Back