How did You Celebrate the Fourth of July?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I celebrated it by me and my dad going to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and rode their Missionary Ridge Local, which was being pulled by Southern 2-8-0 #630. On our way there, we stopped off at the Taco Bell in Ringgold, Georgia. After riding the train, we went to the nearest McDonalds and got some dollar sweet tea. For supper, we had fresh burgers cooked on the grill. I stood at the window in the dining room and watched one of our neighbors setting off a c***load of fireworks. Before going to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, I took an hour long nap as we (me, my mom, my dad and one of my mom's co-workers) went to the theme park Dollywood on Monday (July 3rd) and didn't get back home until about 11:00PM, while I didn't get into the bed at midnight. So, how did you celebrate the Fourth of July?

My girlfriend, Sue, cooked Waffles on her new Waffle iron (which she won at BINGO at my former (retired from) company's picnic) for breakfast. Then, that evening, our nieces and one of the niece's husband came over and Sue grilled Hebrew franks on the grill and we sat around eating them. Then, we watched "Is There Life after Death? Fifty Years of Research at UVA" on YouTube. Then, after they left, I played American Truck Simulator (Multiplayer) until late, then went to bed.

I worked.

After that, I went to the fireworks show downtown, because I didn't feel like buying things just to burn them. There was live music by a decent 80's cover band, booths giving out free stuff. I got a can koozie from MetroPCS and the local TV station's new meteorologist was giving out cheap sunglasses (cue the ZZ Top song). I watched the fireworks, which lasted about 30 minutes and probably cost the city parks department thousands. Parking, of course, was a nightmare. Hit up the Circle K for an ice cold Mtn Dew Voltage, then went home and played Trainz. Go check out the USA Pics thread (post 38945) for my annual overly patriotic screenshot.

Matt

I stayed at home since my grandmother has been in the hospital for more than 12 days due to having a perforated colon and I normally go to my cousin Jay's house in Fort Oglethorpe, GA for the fireworks at Lake Winnie

I was stuck at work in tell close to sun down have customers buzzing in and out of the store in tell 3 or 4. Once I got home after 7 I did some reskines for the Denver and Southern managed to complete a baggage car and finish the Pullman passenger car. Then went to see the fireworks after that I came back and Played a game of Age of Empires 2 HD.

The same as any other day for me. Practiced the piano for 2-1/2 hours then practiced the clavichord for 2-1/2 hours. Later on I took a 4 hour nap then used Trainz until I went to bed.

Got some good work done on my Bach Inventions, which I've been trying to do for months.

The same as any other day for me. Practiced the piano for 2-1/2 hours then practiced the clavichord for 2-1/2 hours. Later on I took a 4 hour nap then used Trainz until I went to bed.

Got some good work done on my Bach Inventions, which I've been trying to do for months.

I play piano also and have been doing it for 16 years

I stayed at home since my grandmother has been in the hospital for more than 12 days due to having a perforated colon and I normally go to my cousin Jay's house in Fort Oglethorpe, GA for the fireworks at Lake Winnie

For anyone wondering, Lake Winnie is the shorten name for a local theme park named Lake Winnepesaukah. Winnepesaukah is a Native American word meaning "bountiful waters". This isn't a new park either, it was first opened in 1925. It's a lot easier to say 'Lake Winnie' than 'Lake Winnepesaukah'.

Last edited:
Back