Majority of content faulty in SP2

PerRock

Moderator - Read the CoC!
After upgrading to TANE Sp2, I'm finding that the majority of the content from you guys is now faulty in game. From what I can tell the problem is that you use a build number below 3.5 & those just straight-up don't work anymore.

For example the JRPX Inspection Car (KUID:175455:101661) comes up with one error in CMP:
! <kuid:175455:101661> VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported

In game the car is displayed with red text, it never loads the preview & cannot be placed on the track.

There are other mainly-related errors in most of the content, mainly the payware, such has high-detail meshes, and low-detail meshes. I don't have a complete list of all the rolling stock with these errors but it would seem that the content without the errors is in the minority. For example, out of all your Amtrak content, that I own, only the caboose isn't faulty.

I'm hesitant to up the build number myself as that usually introduces new errors which I can not in turn fix.

Any solutions?

peter

My Tane sp2 has 60,259 assets below 35 that are all working fine. I'm not sure whats going on for you but it's not a generic problem with Sp2.

Bob

I have a lot of rolling stock and routes from JR's and had not a single faulty asset when I updated to SP2 (and more than 80,000 assets from build numbers 1.0 to 3.4, all hassle-free).

For example the JRPX Inspection Car (KUID:175455:101661) comes up with one error in CMP:
Did you click on Help for that message?
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE48
Help:VE48

From TrainzOnline

Jump to: navigation, search
This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below #.# are no longer supported.
This asset has a "Trainz-build" number which is less than the current minimum supported build number.
For assets uploaded to the DLS, the asset will be rejected.
For assets imported into Trainz, the asset will work in game (unless it has other errors) but it may be lacking certain features and may not function as expected.
Updating the trainz-build tag in config.txt to the current minimum supported build number will eliminate the warning, but would likely create other errors as the asset is validated to that higher build standard.

Emphasis added. It's a warning. Ignore it.

Looks like another fun one where some people have everything working fine on the update ( all of us didnt have an issue or we wouldve worked on it already) and then theres others where a re-validation of the entire suite of content is somehow needed. It happened before i think with SP1 for some people too but that seems to be the ticket, revalidating everything.

Looks like another fun one where some people have everything working fine on the update ( all of us didnt have an issue or we wouldve worked on it already) and then theres others where a re-validation of the entire suite of content is somehow needed. It happened before i think with SP1 for some people too but that seems to be the ticket, revalidating everything.

ugh, sigh. Well there goes my month...

peter

I found for faulty assets all I had to do was select them and then select "Revert to Original" and they were fixed.

Cayden

I have many many assets from JR, some freeware and lots of payware.
In CM and ingame I have not even one faulty asset after update to SP2.

Although... the enginesound of all the BW9's sounds very weird...
It sounded always like an old tracktor but now it's more horrible than that.

:)

Deleted original message.

So it looks like closing & re-opening Trainz may have fixed it... stand by.

peter

Last edited:
Did you click on Help for that message?
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE48
Help:VE48

From TrainzOnline

Jump to: navigation, search
This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below #.# are no longer supported.
This asset has a "Trainz-build" number which is less than the current minimum supported build number.
For assets uploaded to the DLS, the asset will be rejected.
For assets imported into Trainz, the asset will work in game (unless it has other errors) but it may be lacking certain features and may not function as expected.
Updating the trainz-build tag in config.txt to the current minimum supported build number will eliminate the warning, but would likely create other errors as the asset is validated to that higher build standard.

Emphasis added. It's a warning. Ignore it.

Ok following up, as I got distracted playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.

That's the thing, they are warnings; but Trainz is treating them like errors & refusing to render them. In the in-game menus they're colored red, like an error. But if I open CM and "View errors & warnings" all I'm given is warnings.

So I did some opening for edit, submit edits & reverting to original. I've rebuilt the database a number of times now. But no real change, a few things got magically fixed; but the bulk remain unplayable. I'll try to remember tonight to go thru CM and compile a list JR stuff I have that's broken & why.

My thought is that this is actually an SP2 problem, and not a JR problem. I'm really not looking forward to the eventual conclusion of "reinstall TANE" due to the amount of content I have & how slow TANE takes to commit stuff.

peter

Back