Request: Freight Destination Rule

mmcdono1

Hey gang,

I was wondering if anyone out there can write what I think would be a really simple script, although as I don't know how to write scripts, so I guess it might be difficult. I would like a rule that would allow me to manually assign a destination to a car during a driver session and have it remain with the car until I assign it a new one. Car Tagger allowed for this but for some reason, it is not working with T:ANE SP2 (I have written wolfc to see if he can fix it). CMTM also did something like this but all I really want is the ability to mark destinations for cars. I am running the UMR 2016 route and having a recorded destination for each car adds to the fun for me. I don't need the rule to call on any industry or keep track of a string of industries like CMTM, but to simply allow me to click on a car and then add my own destination. Also, I would like it to retain these tags during saves so that it would recall them when I continue a saved session.

Thanks,

Mike

Phil,

Thanks for the info. I am trying to get Car Tagger to work with the UMR 2016 route in T:ANE SP2 and have had partial success. Some cars will only allow me to tag them when they are full but not empty while others will not me tag them at all. The correct Car Tagger box appears, but I can not click on any of the industries or even tag them manually (I have the "allow for free marking" box checked for engines and cars in the session menu). This is confusing because I had Car Tagger working in UMR 2015 for over 130 hours straight by continuing saved sessions. I wonder if it makes a difference as to whether or not the cars are placed in the route or session layer? Also, is there a limit to the number of cars Car Tagger can handle? I wouldn't think so, but the one big difference I can think of between the 2015 and 2016 routes is that I only populated the 2016 route with empty cars at all the shipping industries while only bringing in cars from the portals to an empty at first 2015 route. I will have to experiment. In the mean time, I will download your Car Tagger routes and see how you have them set up.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Phil,

Thanks for the youtube video, that is what I want if only I can get it to work. The OneDrive like is still active. I am not going to be able to search for the saved session location for the next two weeks or so as I will not be able to access Trainz until then, but I will let you know (if I don't forget)!

Thanks again,

Mike

I’m getting back into Trainz after a computer upgrade and buying TRS19. Is there now anything like Mike suggested, or a fix for Car Tagger? I had a UMR session on an older version of Trainz with Car Tagger, and it was very useful.
-Al

Back