Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Photobucket's new rules.

Well that's very odd. I can still see it!

And yes, I've refreshed the page. Its there in a different browser too.... and even on my iphone!

Did it go away and come back? Or is it selective?

Just a point of interest as I'm sure you're correct about it going away eventually.

Boat

United Kingdom, West Midlands, Gnosall Staffordshire

Probably if you have a Google account you will see it if you are still logged into Google, you can't embed from Google Photo's, part of the reason is the link to the file does not end in a file extension and part because it's not supposed to work. You can only share them with others, meaning they can see them in Google Photos not on another website. Might find it vanishes after a reboot or clearing cookies.

All I'm getting is a blank screen with a no entry sign on it.
    Malc

Hi Malc and everybody
    Images saved on Google photos can only be shared to the Google + social media site or websites created from within Google + using the website allowance allocated to the account user. Some years back images saved on Google drive could be third party shared to any site. However, it is probable that it was realized that with eBay rapidly growing Google forseen the emerging problem of image third party hosting and placed the above restrictions on Google photos use.

As I stated in an earlier posting in this thread, i personally and my company now use the superb Microsoft Azure as our main cloud server and backup to Google drive. You can use Microsoft SQL from within Azure to share to almost anywhere I believe. However, it does cost although there is a free trial period still available or there was the last time I checked.

Edit to the above. They now call the website allowance, the "Google My Buissness Page".

Bill
    Last edited by wholbr; July 26th, 2017 at 01:26 PM.

Hi All,

Yes, it looks like it's only there if I'm logged in to Google. Tried it on a third Browser which definitely wasn’t logged in and there it was.... gone!

Oh well, I tried.

For the benefit of canal enthusiasts, below is the same photo, this time hosted by my own website!

If you really get stuck, Photobucket would want the equivalent of about £25 per month to be a hoster. My website costs me £7.19 per month plus about the same for a once a year domain registration.
    Might be cheaper to set up your own website and use that!

Boat

Quote Originally Posted by boat View Post
    Might be cheaper to set up your own website and use that!

Cheaper, easier, better and you can host whatever you want for only 35 euro a YEAR!!!

ASUS Z170-A, Intel I7 6700, 16GB DDR4, W7 Ultimate
    GTX970 4GB
    LT Z960-5.1, G19, G13, G930, G900, Corsair Scimitar
    T:ANE Dlx SP2

United States of America, ill, Rock Island

Yes I know its a old thread

What is a good site now to host pictures now that photo bucket wants too much money. I have heard Imgur is okay, how is it to upload and use? or is there other sites? Thanks.
    Modeling Ho scale on the cheap

Blog Entries

If all you need is a place to store full screen images (screenshots) taken in TANE/TS12 to post in these forums then the Trainz Gallery (accessible from the MyTrainz link at the top of this page) will do the job. Otherwise any one of who-knows-how-many free hosting services are available. Of course, there is no guarantee that they will not follow Photobuckets lead and charge for their hosting services in the future.

After I bailed out of Photobucket I tried a few others and eventually settled on Postimage.org but don't take that as a recommendation.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

You could try Host then Post. It's free and doesn't require membership, so even if they require payment in the future at least they couldn't spring it on you.
    cheers Riley

United Kingdom, West Midlands, Gnosall Staffordshire

Was a query on another thread just locked by a mod and redirected to here while I was typing a reply about those annoying pay up or else Photobucket images, to get rid of them in Firefox or any Firefox based browser, right click on the image, view image details tick block images from photobucket and they all go away.
    Malc