Photobucket's new rules.

Wait a fat second...$399 to host photos on other sites? Geez, i can maybe see something like a $15 fee per year, but $399 dollarydoos for image-sharing? You're better off just using HostThenPort or Imgur.

What are you talking about?

Capture_zpsoifdl7cx.jpg

Last edited:
PHOTOBUCKET.....

Photobucket (as per screenshot) has now started to appear on websites and when "clicked on" takes you to PAYPAL asking you to make payment/donation to that site. Treat with caution.

Cheers evilcrow

Trainz Gallery is free and you can upload to it from inside TANE, so why bother with 3rd party websites?

Trainz Gallery can only be used for Trainz screenshots. What about stuff from outside of Trainz like 3ds Max renders and such?

From Photobucket's new Terms of Use;

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

• Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.

• Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

• Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
  • Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

• Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:
o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party image hosting.
o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party image hosting.
o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party image hosting.

That (plus the slow page loading and all their annoying pop-up ads) is the end of Photobucket as far as I'm concerned.

That's going to loose them customers, looking at the affordable rates, no one with half a brain is going to pay that when you can't link or display on another site.
Compared to Imageshack which is only $37.99 per year (less with discounts, last two years only cost me $15 per year) with no restrictions, it's a rip off. I binned Photobucket years ago.

<snip> I binned Photobucket years ago.

I'm close to doing that now. Their site is full of pop-ups now and they spammed me from at least 6 different email addresses a few months ago, but they've been quiet lately (probably because I blocked most of their domains). If there is a restriction on posting at 3rd party sites, it hasn't taken effect yet...

This photo is entitled "here's what you get when you close your photobucket account":

Wreck01.jpg

Last edited:
That's going to loose them customers, looking at the affordable rates, no one with half a brain is going to pay that when you can't link or display on another site.
Compared to Imageshack which is only $37.99 per year (less with discounts, last two years only cost me $15 per year) with no restrictions, it's a rip off. I binned Photobucket years ago.

I binned Imageshack ages ago, when it demanded money! I now use Imgur which is free!

Rob.

Host Then Post is free, but they rename the images with meaningless code-names. Can you view the collection of images you've uploaded to their site in a way that makes sense to a human?

Is Imgur any better than HTP in that respect?

Last edited:
HTP generates a hash filename for your images based on uploader and the source image in question and if you have a static IP address you can go back and thumb through your uploads- however if your IP changes at any point, well, good luck finding those images again. Imgur is a nice alternative for different images for different reasons.

By now, i'm stuck on servimg to post the few pics I've posted here and other Trainz sites. You should try it.

For many many years I use my own domain.
I can do what I want.
I can put on what I want.
I can link from where I want.
I can have more than 50 mailboxes. (handy for one time login to a site and then kill it)
I can easely change my email addresses.
I can run my own site.
I can put on files for download.
Etc.

Costs? Only 35 euro a year.

That's a lot better than all those stupid photo sites.

:)

Back