Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Photobucket's new rules.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Perhaps it may be possible for N3V to provide a solution for the smaller images that are to be posted only in these forums. The Trainz Gallery is clearly for large hires images such as screen shots and this would not be suitable but N3V already host signature images up to a certain size. I appreciate that there will be a cost to N3V in this so it may be that only those who have purchased an FCT may qualify for such a service.
    Finally a reasonable point to this lengthy discussion!
    That's a good idea --- Maybe posted up at the suggestion box!

Ish

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

You can edit your image to a smaller size and then upload to the Trainz Gallery as I have been doing.

Bill,

That makes perfect sense. If those traders simply switch their images to other free hosting sites then the problem, and most likely Photobuckets solution, will simply follow them thus affecting us all.

Perhaps it may be possible for N3V to provide a solution for the smaller images that are to be posted only in these forums. The Trainz Gallery is clearly for large hires images such as screen shots and this would not be suitable but N3V already host signature images up to a certain size. I appreciate that there will be a cost to N3V in this so it may be that only those who have purchased an FCT may qualify for such a service.
    Good point and agreed. Maybe put it to N3V and test the water.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by valbridge View Post
    Good point and agreed. Maybe put it to N3V and test the water.
    Post submitted for moderator approval on the Suggestions Forum
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Why bother with all of the above? Here's an image of one of my reskins hosted by IMGUR:

SECR Wainright H class. Available on DLS.

Rob.

Blog Entries

Hello Everyone,

I upload to IMGUR, but how do you find such images!?

Example: I had to close the window, but when I went back to IMGUR impossible to find same image!

Thanks
    Ish

I have an account on Imgur, all you have to do is click the tab labelled "Images" under your account name in the top right. If you don't have an account, then it'll be pretty hard to find your images again.
    All the best,

Chris

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    I have an account on Imgur, all you have to do is click the tab labelled "Images" under your account name in the top right. If you don't have an account, then it'll be pretty hard to find your images again.
    Hello Chris,
    Thank you, sir, for the info!
    I'll be signing up!
    Take Care
    Ish

No problem Ish, making an account is definitely worth it if you use it as often as you do.
    All the best,

Chris

I would like to try using Trainz Gallery to post screenshots. Once I have uploaded an image to Trainz Gallery what do I do to post that image as a screenshot? Do I click on insert image as I did with photobucket? If so what do I do then? I know, I'm old and stupid.
    Aging gets better the more you forget.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Why bother with all of the above? Here's an image of one of my reskins hosted by IMGUR:
    <image removed to save post space>

Very impressive but the crucial point of the discussion is what will happen if IMGUR and the other image hosting services adopt a "pay-for-post" business model or impose other restrictive policies like Photobucket?
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

<image removed to save post space>

what will happen if IMGUR and the other image hosting services adopt a "pay-for-post" business model or impose other restrictive policies like Photobucket?
    A hypothetical question at the moment, just enjoy the free posting options for the moment!

The more pertinent point is those individuals who like to pontificate about whatever on these forums and actually don't make the effort to contribute anything to Trainz other than their pompous opinions!

Rob.
    Last edited by robd; Today at 06:21 PM.