Good Alienware laptops to run Trainz

Hi, Found this laptop on Amazon for $6.49.00, And I might get Railworks TS2012 on it ;) Here is the name, [h=1]Alienware M14X R2 14‐Inch Gaming Laptop Black, Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.0GHz, 8GB Memory, 750GB HDD, 1GB NVIDIA GT 650M Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium at Amzaon.com, I don't know how the hell the words got bigger lol, But anyways had 8 GB always can but a SD Card in there for extra memory, I already have a PNY SD Card for my Wii so that's no problem, I might be getting the laptop for Christmas so that's great but any questions or awsers for this?[/h]

What numeral is $6.49.00, ?

A top of the line water cooled desktop Windows PC form Wales, Ireland, UK will cost you less way than $3000 (free shipping)

All laptops are inferior to desktops, and usually can't be repaired once they melt, as most people replace laptops ever 1-2 years, and a laptop on your lap will clog with lint, overheat, and cause genital sterilization

Someone posted these foreign companies that make superb desktops, previously, and I also would like to view those links

I have seen ASUS ROG laptops for @ $ 2700

I think Alienware is a name, like DEL, MAC(Apple) and pay for a fancy schmancy color skin, where you pay twice as mush as you need, and get 1/2 of what that you need, as they have huge price tag markups, and have inferior parts inside

How many times have I taken my laptop on the train, the bus, the coffee shoppe ... NONE

My laptop is on the desk ... so it is a laptop/desktop ... So I may as well have a desktop Windows PC, not a DEL, Not a MAC, Not an Alienware

Last edited:
I took a quick peek at the Alienware site and this model (M14XR2) is not shown so might be an older model no longer in production. If you do decide to get it I'd strongly suggest you check on warranty, etc.

Alienware makes great stuff (tho the company can be a pain to deal with now and then). I have 2 desktops and love them. I've seen a few Alienware laptops. They looked great and the folks who owned them swore by them (instead of at them, lol).

The bottom line as always is what do you want it to do and what can you afford.

New Alienware equipment isn't cheap.

Ben

I have an Alienware 15. This is last year's model with a GTX980 instead of the GTX1070 which came out this year. The unit listed for (gulp!) $2800 after adding in extra memory, etc., but I got it for far less due to a promotional discount plus trade-in on my old Alienware 17m which I had from 2010.

As far as gaming laptops go, I have no complaints. The machines are built just for this, and like anything else you get what you pay for because the build-quality is excellent as well.

As JCitron says they are well made. Quality is high.

My 8 year old Aurora desktop finally went belly up after 8 years of 8 to 14 hours a day usage. Lotsa of metal used instead of plastic. The Aurora weighs 45 pounds. My Area-51 is close to 55. Not exactly portable (without a dolly, lol).

Well worth the bucks if you can swing it.

Ben

Guys it's a 5 year old model with a rock bottom 1GB GT650M GPU It might run TS12 however I had a GT650 here at one point in a spare PC and it will not run TANE.

Probably a second user or refurbished Laptop, it's not going to be new at 5 years old!

Back