Seeking simple trigger to create A1 train

crisger

RR Mod Maker
I am hoping to find a simple trigger that will 'create' or generate an AI train so that when the main driver train passes over a trestle, an A1 train will appear on the track below and pass under and continue on on a branch line.

1. if i do this can i position the A1 Train on the track or does it use a consist/
2. can i have the A1 train stop using a stop train trigger or places track objects.

i am hoping to create scheduled driver trains that have to stop at a series of stations and have A1 trains operate around them but since it is a single line route, it will have to involve branch lines and yards.

thanks for any help.

Chris

Hi Chris

You can place the AI consist out of sight along the track and use a "Wait for Trigger" driver command to start it at the correct time. Alternatively you could use a "Wait Until" command to start the train at a particular time. Both of these would require trial and error to place the trigger or get the correct time.

Another alternative would be to use Un-portal2 which can be set to produce the train when a trigger is hit. This can be better on low powered machines as the train only exists when needed. However I'm not sure if this is working correctly in TANE SP2 as there were reports of it malfunctioning early in the beta testing.

Regards

Brian

Another trick for 'hiding' your train, if you don't want to use a portal, is to place it on its own Hidden layer. You can then use a simple trigger to unhide the layer (show / hide layer rule) when you want the train to become visible.

Regards,
John

Gentlemen thank you you have not only answered me fully and thanks, but also i am understanding more how things work from each of your replies. thank you very much.

Chris

Back