New built for Trainz

The graphic card is one of the latest Nvidia cards out there. it's more then enough for T:ANE, considering it's been 2 years since T:ANE was released. But the processer, imo, is the weakest thing needed for TANE

The system memory is pretty thin, could be an issue too. As has been noted, a true gaming machine is never built on the cheap.
And the CPU, according to one of the answered questions on the site: "This 2 core processor is mainly for normal tasks like web surfing, office applications and Very light gaming. " I don't think Trainz has ever been described as light gaming.

Last edited:
Agreed martinvk. My gaming machine I built, and it runs T:ANE at max settings with no lag. A built gaming machine is something I do highly recommend you do, as you know what you put in it, and you know the limit of your power supply or motherboard.

The video card and hard drives are fine.
The CPU and RAM are not powerful or enough of in the case of the RAM.

At the minimum go for an Intel i5 or equivalent AMD processor.

For the RAM increase that to 16GB minimum.

The 4GB is not enough and your system, even with the Pentium 4 will thrash about trying to find space to run things. As Martin and the others have said, this system is okay for office-type work and browsing the web. I have a similarly spec'd Dell XPS 18 Tablet PC with touch, which I use to display sheet music. Attempting to do anything else but that or browse the web is next to impossible, and this system definitely would never run T:ANE, or any other game except Solitaire and other web-based offerings. With the 4GB on that system, it struggles even to run the E-stand sheet music program.

The video card and hard drives are fine.
The CPU and RAM are not powerful or enough of in the case of the RAM.

At the minimum go for an Intel i5 or equivalent AMD processor.

For the RAM increase that to 16GB minimum.

The 4GB is not enough and your system, even with the Pentium 4 will thrash about trying to find space to run things. As Martin and the others have said, this system is okay for office-type work and browsing the web. I have a similarly spec'd Dell XPS 18 Tablet PC with touch, which I use to display sheet music. Attempting to do anything else but that or browse the web is next to impossible, and this system definitely would never run T:ANE, or any other game except Solitaire and other web-based offerings. With the 4GB on that system, it struggles even to run the E-stand sheet music program.

Yeah thanks. I actually purchased the $700 set. core i5 CPU is minimum indeed. I also dish the 2TB HDD and insteam plugged in a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD. The presence of SSD is essential though.

Maybe 8GB of RAM is not enough, but I can always upgrade it whenever I want. Many thanks guys ;)

Definitely wont run well on 8 Gb memory.
I had to increase my i5 to 16 and runs well on that.
Cheers,
Mike

yea, I'm still playing my old-but-gold games first. If the new gigs require more RAM, i'll consider upgrading it.

Bumping up abit. I'm quite satisfied with the set purchased. i5 7400 and GTX1060 are performing pretty well, my FPS games as for now don't have much trouble to go.

It's cool to build your own PC, i did that back in high school but digging deep in could have costed me alot of time.

However, the more time I spend with the new set, the more I'm interested in tech. I hadn't done much reading for realizing now that intel processors are pricey. 'Ryzen' of AMD having been dominating intel's price/performance, even all the PC building sites change their builds to Ryzen as well.

Back