Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought i finally needed to have a play with basemapz!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post

did you find my new screen shot on Trainz Portal Gallery, a much better way for me to post them

Tom
    Nope, Tom, but you can posted here on this thread, unless you want folks to check them out there, etc

Ish

A complete set of screen shots can be now found on Trainz galley showing the latest updates

http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/search_media_posts

you will need to log in with your forum name and password to comment on them

click username and enter TDSTEAD and press search button

The best part is it allow me to delete and replace shots as I update them

Added David Drake buildings to Kelly Falls and found a another nice series of buildings for Grand Forks, will post new shots soon.
    Last edited by tdstead; July 16th, 2017 at 06:42 AM.
    Asus AMD FX-7600P (2.7-3.6)Ghz Quad, 8gb mem, Radeon R7/R5 2GB ram HD 1TB TS12 61388 & T:ANE 82718 on w10 creative laptop

Updated Orient Cattle & Drover waiting, small town to fill odd space, farm supply yard added as well.

Updated Laurier, Track fixed, thought it looked odd, bit more town & scrubby area looking from over U.S. Border fence, Car to right is one of the 1950's U.S. cars with flashing lights for the Border patrol, just like this period of time.

Kelly Falls Loco & service depot, thought the other looked to Europe so Inspired by Phil Skene I came up with this.

Last one for now Chief Engineers House and speeder shed, look what he brought back after the war a Russian GMD-4

Worked out how to copy pics from trainz gallery, so much better quality captured directly from trainz More to follow
    Last edited by tdstead; September 5th, 2017 at 02:39 AM.
    Asus AMD FX-7600P (2.7-3.6)Ghz Quad, 8gb mem, Radeon R7/R5 2GB ram HD 1TB TS12 61388 & T:ANE 82718 on w10 creative laptop

After posting these pics had a look at that name again and had to change it now Laurier Falls Border Railroad (LFBRR) as Laurier is the town between the two border checkpoints.

Tom

Changed the engine shed at cascade added 1880 water tower and coal shed, Laurier has a school house now, changed a couple freight houses, added animated people to the whole layot, there is even a refence to a star trek even though it happened about 30 years later, layot late 50's maybe early 60's see if you can find it, think its pretty easy, other than waiting for hf2 to remove that rolling stock bug i think its complete. I am really proud of how it came out, if anyone wants to play with it anyway as a beta test PM me.

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; September 21st, 2017 at 06:58 PM.

Blog Entries

ok no pics today but a update, The MOW yard and the turning triangle area got fences and gates to keep the public out the meatpacking plant put a meatal fend with sliding gate for rail access, and gate for vehicles, roads altered to match, fence on crossing line at Grand forks at smelter end, added a few truck trailers parked out side meat pack and a couple vehicles in MOW yard as well. Just adding little details.

One thing strange when I checked to see how many assets involved it told me that 44179:60014 the inbuilt Auran World origin is missing but if I look it up its actually there of course

Total assets 698, Built in 380 (including missing one above) Download 318

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    ok no pics today but a update, The MOW yard and the turning triangle area got fences and gates to keep the public out the meatpacking plant put a meatal fend with sliding gate for rail access, and gate for vehicles, roads altered to match, fence on crossing line at Grand forks at smelter end, added a few truck trailers parked out side meat pack and a couple vehicles in MOW yard as well. Just adding little details.

One thing strange when I checked to see how many assets involved it told me that 44179:60014 the inbuilt Auran World origin is missing but if I look it up its actually there of course

Total assets 698, Built in 380 (including missing one above) Download 318

Tom
    Just bumping this a bit as I was checking my current Basemapz created route to find I have the same warning about 44179:60014 - can anyone offer any advice on this, will the route upload okay to the DLS with this error?
    TANE...Resistance Is Futile

I just started playing with BaseMapz and I get an orange bounding box where I think the World Origin is supposed to be. Is that what is commonly referred to as "The Birdbath"? Anyway, the KUID in the route config, when first created by BaseMapz, is 44179:600014 (note the extra zero). That gives me a missing dependency. When I changed it to 44179:60014, the missing dependency was fixed, but I still get the orange bounding box. I tried deleting missing assets, but the bounding box remains. I am on TANE build 88364 (I think that's correct, I'm at work right now).

Hope this is helpful info.

Andrew

Must admit I didn't spot the extra zero. I'll try editing it in my config later which will hopefully at least remove the missing asset warning.

$64k question, is this an issue with Basemapz inputting the wrong number, in which case hopefully the author will be kind enough to patch, or is it TANE playing silly boogars?

Thank you for spotting this, had the entry twice, remove the wrong saved, commit went back in removed missing assets cleaned up the other problems saved and now all is great in the world once again

Tom

Editing the config from 600014 to 60014 cured the error message. However as noted this needs to be addressed at the source, if possible please.

Was having a look at the layot trying to work out what i have used that is not on dls, as far as i can work it out just a couple of generic freight houses from trainz forge, hope thats not going to upset anyone, if you already have the Sierra railroad Angels branch you have thrm already

OK must have got very lucky all I had to fix was one station at Orient after Sp2 HF1, for some reason the program stuck quotes around the height adjustment figures -10,10 of CNR King station after removing them save and commit route is ok once again.

Tom