Thought i finally needed to have a play with basemapz!

ok no pics today but a update, The MOW yard and the turning triangle area got fences and gates to keep the public out the meatpacking plant put a meatal fend with sliding gate for rail access, and gate for vehicles, roads altered to match, fence on crossing line at Grand forks at smelter end, added a few truck trailers parked out side meat pack and a couple vehicles in MOW yard as well. Just adding little details.

One thing strange when I checked to see how many assets involved it told me that 44179:60014 the inbuilt Auran World origin is missing but if I look it up its actually there of course

Total assets 698, Built in 380 (including missing one above) Download 318

Tom

ok no pics today but a update, The MOW yard and the turning triangle area got fences and gates to keep the public out the meatpacking plant put a meatal fend with sliding gate for rail access, and gate for vehicles, roads altered to match, fence on crossing line at Grand forks at smelter end, added a few truck trailers parked out side meat pack and a couple vehicles in MOW yard as well. Just adding little details.

One thing strange when I checked to see how many assets involved it told me that 44179:60014 the inbuilt Auran World origin is missing but if I look it up its actually there of course

Total assets 698, Built in 380 (including missing one above) Download 318

Tom

Just bumping this a bit as I was checking my current Basemapz created route to find I have the same warning about 44179:60014 - can anyone offer any advice on this, will the route upload okay to the DLS with this error?

I just started playing with BaseMapz and I get an orange bounding box where I think the World Origin is supposed to be. Is that what is commonly referred to as "The Birdbath"? Anyway, the KUID in the route config, when first created by BaseMapz, is 44179:600014 (note the extra zero). That gives me a missing dependency. When I changed it to 44179:60014, the missing dependency was fixed, but I still get the orange bounding box. I tried deleting missing assets, but the bounding box remains. I am on TANE build 88364 (I think that's correct, I'm at work right now).

Hope this is helpful info.

Andrew

Must admit I didn't spot the extra zero. I'll try editing it in my config later which will hopefully at least remove the missing asset warning.

$64k question, is this an issue with Basemapz inputting the wrong number, in which case hopefully the author will be kind enough to patch, or is it TANE playing silly boogars?

Thank you for spotting this, had the entry twice, remove the wrong saved, commit went back in removed missing assets cleaned up the other problems saved and now all is great in the world once again

Tom

Editing the config from 600014 to 60014 cured the error message. However as noted this needs to be addressed at the source, if possible please.

Was having a look at the layot trying to work out what i have used that is not on dls, as far as i can work it out just a couple of generic freight houses from trainz forge, hope thats not going to upset anyone, if you already have the Sierra railroad Angels branch you have thrm already

OK must have got very lucky all I had to fix was one station at Orient after Sp2 HF1, for some reason the program stuck quotes around the height adjustment figures -10,10 of CNR King station after removing them save and commit route is ok once again.

Tom

Ok added yet more detail, think im definly at the point where my computer can take no more im killing the frame rates now but thats ok it will be ok for everyone else.

Need a option have set the mainline as 15mph and towns and sindings as 10mph acording to google a bicycle witch they use 12mph should take 4:10 hours end to end. I have the clock set at 4x at the moment and scale time its taking 1:15 with my driving allowed time to stop at the border under special arrangements between the goverments trains only have to stop at the county they are entering they will collect the exit info and phone or teletex i guess in the 50's - 60's to the other country.

Tom

Last edited:
Updated Crossing at Orient with wigwag signal, "2 track signs" reused on new crossings.

Tom

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi back again with the new computer, thought i backed up the complete local directory but for sone reason many of my routes and sessions were missing stuff no sure if database repair did it, oh down loaded it again and this one is running again

Dont know why but with this new computer lot of the texture colors look much richer than they did before, nice to have it back running with every thing but shadows at ultra.

Only problem i have noticed russian animated people there walkway now showing in driver

Tom

Last edited:
Back again found the snow textures had gone more brown, after looking in settings in launcher abd turning the texture quality up to normal all was ok, tried medium with every thing else turned up seemed to be too much but it still looks ok.

Tom

Ok if i make a new cdp this is ready for testing, found i had a disconnected station at cascade and that border gate had disconnected and rotated 90 deg, might have been that stupid undo bug that has never been fixed ... silly me.

As far as i know except for the extra zero caused by basemapz that should be fixed, king station that needs fixing by user, and i think that rzd-uzd gmd-4 truck in the session that will be missing that i have the 2 cdp's for, the route should be ok. Need someone to test to make sure there is nothing else not on dls and if it runs ok on thier machine, noticed a slight jump on my new machine at the new orient crossing, maybe just too much grass at that location eating frame rates but not sure at moment. I want a good opion if its ok i think i might habe gone a little overboard with that dry grass in parts, some might even be a little high

Send me a pm with your email and i will send you cdp with route and session in it.

Tom

Final version of this corner put earlier screen shot on Narrow gauge Forum. From Original added Standard gauge transfer and sheds in front. Love the Trackside versions of the standard gauge rolling stock 297 static boxcar or gondola series. Had to do something this corner looked empty compared with rest of route looking at Original shot I posted

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Back