Thought i finally needed to have a play with basemapz!

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Found that i had the track plan for the LF&S modelrailroader nov 73, inported the image to basemapz and inputed the size to fnd there was very little space left around the layot, decied to increase it from 19'6" x 20'6" to 27' square to use as much as possible of the one board, heights seem to be from floor so found the lowest 49" and called that 0 and worked from there, as with what approach medium did had to slightly alter the track plan to suit trainz layed it as 2'6" my favorite gauge.

Just having a little fun learning how to use them

Tom
Just a quick pick after a little work, still a long way to go
20170626_180354_zpswxawrsib.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It's looking good mate. I also "alter" the track plans as well and fudge with the layout dimensions. It's still pretty cool how you can do this. Looking forward to progress reports.

JB

Looking good Tom, have fun building.

I too have had to alter the size as well due to the same reason. The space between layout sections was too tight to fit even a young child. Once I fiddled with the plan size, which I can't recall what I used, the rest of the layout dimensions fit right into place. I wonder if the author had fiddled stuff to make the route plan pretty for the publication, or the plans may have been reduced to fit in the book.

I find the same problem. I'm making a layout based on a plan in 43 Track Plans from the Experts (Sheepscot RR in 0n2½) which is supposed to fit a room 10ft by 15ft. Working in H0 I halved the room size and it was an impossible task to fit the track in properly, so I've used the original room size but with 3.5mm scale and frankly it looks much better so far. Useful as Basemapz is I personally prefer to make my own plane in GMax the size of the plan which gives a much clearer map since the minimum size of Basemapz is one board and my layouts are much smaller than that and so appear fuzzy.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, see what you mean about the walkways, thought i would check them out before going much further, looks like one at a time in each area no passing for operators on this layot.
Cant quite work out where the name comes from starts at grand forks b.c. into tunnel to snowy cascade b.c., through the next tunnel cross bridge to laurier (the town between the border customs next to orient and finnaly to kettle falls. The gap at the front can be temporarily joined with track to make a continuous run if required

Thinking im liking phill idear of single board narrow gauge layots.

Here is a quick pick again
20170628_140041_zpszajl0dz9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

after your comment did try and re-generate the preview, intresting that 'N' scale its a 2x2 boards, kind of back to front to me.

One more think not sure what to do about the stock pens the only ones that are going to fit are the uk style ones, any ideas?

Tom

Last edited:
Added a room and tryed some texturing in one of the lumber area and detailing lumber camps a little. what do you think, thinking between Orient and Laurier will be the same. It looks like there is a little snow left in the lower parts and the mountains are still covered. Thinking the towns will be dirt with mud and some slushy ground.

Been trying to work out trees by the looks like should be cedar, the alantic ones are the wrong side of the country, only one i can find is the alaska one?

Here is what i got after 2.5 days work, not bad for me.
20170630_105827_zpsqnntv68h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just for intrest i have been trying to work out the traffic flow as well.
iron ore, gold ore, scrap to grand forks smelter
Rails to MOW
Metal to machine shop
Grain orient silo to kettle falls mill
Logs camps 1-4 to orient lumber mill
Lumber to kettle falls lumber yard, furniture factory & shingle plant at orient
Gravel & ties to grand forks MOW.
mine supplys to both mines, possible to lumber camps as well
Fuel to mines, lumber camps & MOW
Stock to kettle falls meatpack then frozen meat to grand forks coldstore
General goods to various locations

Tom

Realized i had used non procedural track, replaced with bulk replacement tool ok but made many points go red, had to fundge the track plan a little to make the procedural points happy again. Added a few stop boards, await instructions at the 2 boarder points and stop and operate manual points at each entry to each station. Been adding some jvc grass at Kelly Falls and the logging area as far as Orient. A.M. scrap at Kelly Falls is complete.

The 2-6-6-2 mallet #31 will not fit on Kelly Falls TT, the 2-4-4-2 Mallet only just fits but you have to be careful.

Tom

Last edited:
A.M. Scrap Kettle Falls B.C.
20170710_094435_zpsnwnayxy3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Approach Medium Rocking in his chair thinking whats he wants to do next in trainz after work.

Last edited:
Sorry people no progress today, every time I tried to edit the route it just jumped out of tane back to windoze 10 with no error message at all

Tom

ADDED: strange just went back in windoze 10 was telling me it has been blocking features from TANE, Told it to allow all seems ok now, got back out atleast with no problems

Last edited:
Posted a pic to trainz portal of Kelly Falls yard for comment, better than tablet atleast.

Tom

ADDED: strange just went back in windoze 10 was telling me it has been blocking features from TANE, Told it to allow all seems ok now, got back out atleast with no problems

Hey Tom,

U should post this on a separate thread to see if anyone encountered the same issue -- I've never read this happening to anyone else! Strange! --

Ish

Ish6 Posted in Sp2 thread as well

did you find my new screen shot on Trainz Portal Gallery, a much better way for me to post them

Tom

A complete set of screen shots can be now found on Trainz galley showing the latest updates

http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/search_media_posts

you will need to log in with your forum name and password to comment on them

click username and enter TDSTEAD and press search button

The best part is it allow me to delete and replace shots as I update them

Added David Drake buildings to Kelly Falls and found a another nice series of buildings for Grand Forks, will post new shots soon.

Last edited:
Updated-Orient%2C-Cattle-7-drover-waiting%2C-Town-to-fill-odd-space%2C-Farm-supply-Yard-added-and-filled.jpg

Updated Orient Cattle & Drover waiting, small town to fill odd space, farm supply yard added as well.

Updated-Laurier%2C-Bit-more-town%2C-weedy-area-and-trck-spacing-fixed%2C-thought-it-looked-odd.jpg

Updated Laurier, Track fixed, thought it looked odd, bit more town & scrubby area looking from over U.S. Border fence, Car to right is one of the 1950's U.S. cars with flashing lights for the Border patrol, just like this period of time.

Kelly-Falls-Machine-shop%2C-Loco-depot%2C-maintence-area-and-carriage-shed-for-tourist-cars-inspiired-by-the-great-Phil-Skene.jpg

Kelly Falls Loco & service depot, thought the other looked to Europe so Inspired by Phil Skene I came up with this.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last one for now Chief Engineers House and speeder shed, look what he brought back after the war a Russian GMD-4

Worked out how to copy pics from trainz gallery, so much better quality captured directly from trainz More to follow

Last edited:
After posting these pics had a look at that name again and had to change it now Laurier Falls Border Railroad (LFBRR) as Laurier is the town between the two border checkpoints.

Tom

Changed the engine shed at cascade added 1880 water tower and coal shed, Laurier has a school house now, changed a couple freight houses, added animated people to the whole layot, there is even a refence to a star trek even though it happened about 30 years later, layot late 50's maybe early 60's see if you can find it, think its pretty easy, other than waiting for hf2 to remove that rolling stock bug i think its complete. I am really proud of how it came out, if anyone wants to play with it anyway as a beta test PM me.

Tom

Last edited:
Back