Rotat Environment?

Forester1

This is kind of a dumb problem, but it's just the kind I get into... I just finished doing a lot of work building a multi-ladder yard, shops, offices, towers, fuel tanks, etc. etc. When my son looked over my shoulder and said "Looks great Dad, but I see one problem. You are 90 degrees off of the real world. Your yard is going east-west and the real one goes north-south." D'Oh! Somehow when I started out I failed to notice which way the compass was facing and haven't paid attention for all of the time it took to build all this stuff. So my stupid question is, is there any way to rotate the whole layout 90 degrees? If not I will have to delete the route with all of that work and start over. Lessons learned, I guess.... Thanks in Advance!

You might try to add a blank board (or however many boards you used in your yard) and then copy/paste from the original to the blank. Make sure you rotate 90-degrees before pasting it back down. You can copy/paste content, vertices, and terrain when you do it. You may have to do your copying in visible chunks to ensure you've got a perfectly square bounding outline, but it can be done. I've done it (although not with a great deal of content already present).

Bill

I used chimneys as markers of squares to copy paste sections as a guide for the copy paste alignment.
this was a 5 board module.
Check out Kelly Vale to see result

Dave

I used chimneys as markers of squares to copy paste sections as a guide for the copy paste alignment.
this was a 5 board module.
Check out Kelly Vale to see result

Dave

I like that idea! :D

I replaced some baseboards once on a DEM route and used pieces of track to mark out the border surrounding the baseboards to be chopped, which happened to be in a perfect square. I then imported the replacement pieces and plopped them right into place, removed the track splines, and there was no way of knowing which boards were the replacements.

Thenk you everyone! I will look into that. I am not familiar with cut or cop and paste. Do you lassoo and hit CTRL-C, CTRL-V? I guess I will find out when I try it. It should save a LOT of work!

In T:ANE, you select the right-side menu that has a double-ended wrench on it. At the bottom are the Copy and Paste controls. If you hover the mouse over each of the icons, they will tell you what they do. The big red square is the "Select" icon. Use that to outline the squares on the map board you want to Copy. When you have that selected by clicking and HOLDING the mouse button down to drag the boundary larger, release the button when you've selected everything you want. Click the the Paste icon. Before you paste the selection down somewhere else, take a look at the four smaller icons under the big ones. They will let you paste Terrain, Content, Objects, and Track. If you do NOT want to copy/paste a given item, make sure the icon is dark (unlit).

Then, when you hover the creation area on a new spot, use the "[" and the "]" keys to rotate the selection. It will rotate only in 90-degree increments. Then click the mouse where you want the items to be and they will be pasted to the trainboard.

Windows shortcut keys will not work.

Bill

Last edited:
Back