JR High Detailed Track Problem

qazwaseat

KRR Route Builder
Hey all! While doing test in my route I noticed that a few cars had overlapped the JR High Detailed Track. After a few days of trying to solve the problem I havent found a solution. If anyone can explain how to solve this, feel free to respond. Here are few screenshots of my issue:

NaBkexO.jpg

bwClxby.jpg

qYqOzGH.jpg

Yours, Qaz

Hi Qaz,

That might be a performance/graphics issue. I laid down some similar JR High Detail track and could not re-create that particular situation. Can you temporarily replace that track with an N3V standard track and see if the problem disappears? You may have to cut back on your Trainz settings... "High Detail" means just that I guess.

Regards,

Andrew

I haven't seen that one before. What's happening is that the alpha channel on the hopper's shadow is causing Trainz to show the rail texture as fully transparent since it also has an alpha channel. I would suggest looking at your graphics card's alpha blending settings to see if you could improve those.

@whitetiger, the texture should come with the track.

I suspect the issue is with the track its self. Not that the track doesn't work, it's an issue with this installation. Before doing any kind of drastic surgery, I would delete and reinstall the asset first, and perhaps run a database repair if necessary.

I suspect the issue is with the track its self. Not that the track doesn't work, it's an issue with this installation. Before doing any kind of drastic surgery, I would delete and reinstall the asset first, and perhaps run a database repair if necessary.

I have to disagree. Trainz has never been able to handle the viewing of one alpha texture through another well. I think in this case the particular hoppers the OP is having issues with have a wider shadow plane than others that work fine.

What will happen to the appearance?

The ballast edges will become solid and the rail weight/date codes will have rectangular backgrounds. It would unquestionably fix the issue, however.

I haven't seen that one before. What's happening is that the alpha channel on the hopper's shadow is causing Trainz to show the rail texture as fully transparent since it also has an alpha channel. I would suggest looking at your graphics card's alpha blending settings to see if you could improve those.

@whitetiger, the texture should come with the track.

Thanks for the help! After deleting the alphas, the problem has disappeared and now I can operate with no issue.

Yours, Qaz

Back