Not for you.

I thought TMR17 was already at the SP2 specification level since now that we have TANE at SP2, it can also use the routes from TMR17.

My understanding is that TMR17 is as it is at build 4.4
The content was made available to TANE SP2 for free for users who had both TMR17 & TANE with an option to buy it for all other TANE owners.

This way all the TANE & TMR17 content is in one place.

As much as I wish it was otherwise, I don't think it will see SP2 or any other update. If you want to move on, you will need to use TANE and forget about the money you spent last Christmas.

TMR2017 is based on a slightly older T:ANE build with some early SP2 components. This is what made the two versions incompatible initially, however, with the SP2 update to T:ANE this is no longer an issue.

As far as updates go, who knows. N3V may decide to increase this version higher or not. Like the Trainz Classics series this is a standalone product based on an existing Trainz version.

Quit using my name.... You started all of this. Get your own name. Tony whacked a few of them you did.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
I'm confused. I upgrade from T:ANE to TMR17 because I thought that TMR17 was the next release in the series. Now I see from T:ANE SP2 that they are still doing work there. Plus comments above suggest that TMR is a dead-end. I've had a problem in which TMR regularly just "goes away" while I'm laying out a route. Perhaps I should go back and reinstall T:ANE and do my route development there?

Can't all the MR assets (walls, legs ... etc) in TMR17 be imported into T:ANE ?

I can not figure out exactly what an SP is ... I am guessing that it fix's bugs, and inadequacies of a program that was never quite ready for release, as it was chock full of flaws ?

I have TRS2006 that came complete with the TRS2006 SP1 ... and I don't know what that SP1 fixed in the original TRS2006 ... But TRS2006 works flawlessly right out of the box ... Why does T:ANE need so much fixing ... Seems like it was a very flawed program from the get go

SP stands for "Service Pack" and usually contains fixes for bugs, (patches), even new content can be included.....you have to realize as the programs get more advanced such as Tane vs. TRS2006. more problems can occur and not to mention all the different pc configs available now vs when TRS2006 cam out and you can see why service packs are needed..........bottom line regardless how much testing can be done on a product prior to release there are bound to be some type of issues that got passed the testing phase and are discovered after the release. More features, better graphics, Advanced train AI, you can see where this is all going.............

I think it was a facetious question, the SP one that is.

As for TMR2017, when or where was it every suggested that it would replace TANE? Considering its rather limited built-ins, I always saw it as an interesting sideshow. A way to highlight model railroads in all their visual glory. I seem to remember quite early on that once TANE SP2 was released, the routes from TMR2017 would be usable in TANE too.

As for TMR2017, when or where was it every suggested that it would replace TANE? Considering its rather limited built-ins, I always saw it as an interesting sideshow.

I never realized that N3V Games' strategy involved developing "dead-end" "one-offs" -- although someone recently suggested that one of the early versions of trains was just that. I just assumed that TMR2017 was the next release. Your comment confirms my suspicion that T:ANE is actually (and remains) the main product. As a result, I unloaded all things I had developed in TMR2017 and uploaded them into T:ANE. I had a lot of content already downloaded into T:ANE, and I had to frequently stop and download it into TMR2017, too. This solves that problem as well!

:)

-- LoudTrain

Back