Adding trains to an edited Kickstarter MP route

LorenLarsa

Well I am trying to make my own clone of the Kickstarter County route for Multiplayer with different rolling stock and trains.
My Google searches have come up pretty empty in that hunt as all I get is the traditional F7 menu for adding trains and locomotives to the route.
That is fine and dandy if the locomotive and rolling stock is present in there, but I am looking to add a locomotive that I got working in Quick Drive (DD40X for an example.) but in the Surveyor menu option it isn't listed.

How can I get it in the list so I can actually add it to the route?

To add trains, never edit the route but instead create a session instead.
If your intention is to create a Multi Player session, read the sticky in the multiplayer forum for more details.

To add trains, never edit the route but instead create a session instead.
If your intention is to create a Multi Player session, read the sticky in the multiplayer forum for more details.

Well I am editing the MP session that actually has the working industries.
However, I can only get free reigns if I clone and edit the route from scratch, but I was hoping to avoid that, or figure out where that restriction lies.
I have seen other variants of the Kickstarter MP Session that have different locomotives and rolling stock, so I know it can be done.

Again, do not edit the route. There is absolutely no reason to edit the route to create a multiplayer session. Next to that, editing the route would make your multiplayer session useless as you would not be allowed to re-upload the route anyway (as it is not yours).
Create a new session for the route. The industries will work. Add the multiplayer rule to the session rule to create a multiplayer session.

Note that in order for the session to work, it will have to be uploaded and re-downloaded from the DLS and you are now allowed to use content flagged "locally modified", which effectively excluded 3rd party website content (and that edited route). I again would like to advise you to read the sticky I have pointed you to in my previous reply. In case you could not find it, here is a direct link:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?89767-Multiplayer-Tips-Tricks-Fixes-and-Other-Things

Well I am editing the session to make sure I do not wipe it.
The problem is that in the base Kickstarter Route, the industries are broken, for an example the Diesel for the mine doesn't work, neither does the Paper Mill.
So there are no clue as to where the vehicle restriction lies for the editor when editing the session? I do not have the complete amount of vehicles that I have in Quick Drive.
Currently I have a cloned session that I am working on, however the locked locomotive list is present on the original session before and after I cloned it to work on it.

And yes, again as I said in post 2, I am working on a session and not a route, I just did an attempt at editing the route to see if the restriction was there as well, but never saved or cloned any of the changes.

Back